“Two great meals I will never forget”

Italian Restaurant La Veduta
Ranked #62 of 38,489 Restaurants in Osaka
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: La Veduta is a destination for exquisite foods prepared in the best italian culinary traditions.
Reviewed June 11, 2019 via mobile

We began with a Chardonnay from Bannockburn from Geelong Australia. Great balance and a very pleasant oak.

Amuse bouche cheese with home made potato chip. With slivers of almond.
The quality of the food and the preparation is spectacular. As good as the best in Italy.
My wife had ravioli, mozzarella and tomato basil and pine nuts.
I had the scampi, green pea, cream with mozzarella cheese and caviar. Absolutely wonderful. The ingredients were so fresh and delicious. The caviar added that little bit of
saltiness.

The Kobe beef is worth the trip from Los Angeles. He said he cooks it twice. Searing once then letting it rest. Then cooking in the
oven for a minute then searing again before serving.
This is cooked perfect medium rare. This is the best steak that I have ever had anywhere.
It was sprinkled with Malden sea salt from Wales. The cut was a perfect thickness about one inch thick. Juicy and very tender. It was medium rare all the way through.
The carbonara was al dente and the sauce was mild in its Parmesan cheese. I cannot believe the touch that chef Gianluca has. He said he learned a lot from his grandmother in Bologna.
Thank you grandmother!
The people without exception have been trained to be aware of every need one has. This happens here from everyone.
Whomever is responsible for training and selecting the staff needs to be acknowledged. Thank you
I will complete my review after returning for tomorrow nights dinner.
I just received a beautiful birthday card and origami from our delightful waitress Mana. She was so sweet and a real treat to have as a waitress. I asked her to come to work to be our waitress the next evening.

We are back for our second night. Chef Gianluca said he would be happy to make a special spaghetti bolognese for my wife, using beef instead of pork.
Yes it is a basic dish but was scrumptious. There is nothing like having a master make your basic dish.
Thanks again grandmother.
The amuse bouche is potato and veal with a Balsamic vinegar.
Cold pasta with sea urchin and caviar.
The quality of the sea urchin is the highest level. The caviar complements sea urchin and pasta perfectly.
The veal crusted herbs blend with butter and bread crumbs. Rhubarb fresh sauce blended with red wine sauce. Pickled radish.

He made a special salad for my wife with tomato, mixed greens, cucumber and red onion.
Balsamic dressing.
I have to add that they have a very selective wine list. Very appreciate for their dishes.
The half bottle of rose from New Zealand was really beautiful and worked really well with the food.
The service is of the highest level both nights.
I highly recommend this restaurant and particularly Gianluca. Do yourself a favor, come here and if it sounds good to you it will be. The Kobe beef that I had last night and the peas and shrimp scampi and the pasta with sea urchin are worth the trip where ever you hail from.
Thank you Gianluca you are a food magician.

Date of visit: June 2019

Reviewed March 10, 2019 via mobile

Excellent Italian restaurant that draws inspiration from Japanese cuisine. Really happy we chanced upon during our stay in Hommachi. Beautiful decor, with an open kitchen where you can see the amazing chefs work their magic.

- Japanese shrimp appetizer was clean and bright dish. Liked the touch on the fried shrimp head.

- Wagyu beef fettuccine was extremely delicious. The reduction was buttery, rich and beautifully made. Can’t find a pasta dish like this anywhere else.

- Apple and vanilla tart was a very original iteration on a classic dish. I liked that the Apple bits were diced very small instead of large Apple slabs other restaurants usually do. This gave it a very nice texture. The salted caramel ice cream was delicious with it. Only thing I wished was that the base of the tart was a bit thicker and more solid so it holds together better when the tart is split.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed September 28, 2018 via mobile

While I on short business trip to Osaka, my collleauge reccomened I must try La Veduta. I was absolutely impressed from the moment I walked in the door. World class service and impressive wine advice started the meal. A crisp Friulano white with some of the best mozzarella I have ever tried. Hokkaido scallops and incredible fresh snapper were up next. All the ingredients were very fresh and cooked in a modern yet compelmentary style with respect to the seafood for dishes I ordered. If you want to feel like you are eating in a 3 Michelin Star restaurant in Florence, this is the place to do it! Fantastic!!!

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed September 4, 2018 via mobile

Food is good, price fair., services ok,. For sure will back again. Me and my wife share the orders, and they put every thing separately .

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed August 3, 2018 via mobile

We had an amazing dinner at La Veduta. The chef personally welcomed us. After looking at the delicious menu, we decided that we would like to be surprised by the chef and asked for a 5-course dinner with wine pairings. We were amazed by the quality and finesse of the dishes. Moreover, the sommelier selected beautiful wines that perfectly matched the food. It surprised us that the restaurant did not have a Michelin star, but we heard they are trying to get one. From our opinion, La Veduta definitely deserves one!

Date of visit: August 2018