Lowest prices for your stay
$56
View deal
Free cancellation until 10/22/21
Agoda.com
$39
View deal
Free cancellation until 10/23/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.com$53
Priceline$47
eDreams$56
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 14, 2012

We stayed 6 nights at this hotel and we are very satisfied. The staff were very friendly, room was small but it was clean and tidy. The breakfast was good as well.

It is about 10 minutes walk from JR Umeda station but it was no problem for us. On the way to JR station, there is a food street behind the main street with many good restaurant. It is about 5 minutes walk to subway station.

Personally I think it is good value for the money we paid.We will stay here again if we go back to Osaka.

Date of stay: April 2012
1  Thank clin1980
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Make sure you have the correct hotel (There are two Hearton hotels!) it was a little confusing to locate. This one is not next to Umeda station ... Standard business hotel, with adequate facilities and close enough to the subway to be convenient. [Najitsu station, just two stops from Shin-Osaka. Go out Exit 1 and go around the back of the Ramada.] The room was small by Western standards, but perfectly adequate, and typically Japanese size. Good fast, free, Internet in room via a cable. Staff were very pleasant, too.

Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank kissane
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Stayed here about 4 nights. The location is a bit far from the Umeda JR but it is very close to the Subway (just few mins walk). The room size is decent, the staffs are friendly and they tried their very best to communicate with you in English. I took the package with breakfast and it was OK. Will consider to stay here again if i travel to Osaka.

Date of stay: July 2012
2  Thank Fwee Y
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Not much to complaint at the price point that it *occasionally* offers. Well, the upside for most Japanese hotels is that cancellation is usually free--be patient with the surprise deals.

It is not that close to the Osaka JR station and the Station City mall. It was like 10-15 minutes open-air walk with a suitcase, but don't take the subway from Umeda to get to Nakatsu. The tourist info staff had no idea about the long walks INSIDE the massive station.

Use Street view to familiarize with the area before arrival. While there are a couple of routes to choose from, you can lose directions between those highrise.

The Hankyu International Hotel is a great landmark to spot the Hearton from Umeda. If you are going from Nakatsu, locate the Ramada and then a tall blue commercial building.

We don't have complaints about the choice of restaurants nearby, in particular the Umeda side. The food street underneath Hankyu line offers the best value breakfasts in town. We also had a semi-buffet lunch that cost JPY1000-1200 at a nicely decor cafe nearby.

Umeda is home to several huge malls and department stores, in which the Hankyu store appears to be popular with the locals. Department stores, as usual, offer the best choices in a foreigner-friendly atmosphere.There is also a Muji a few blocks away.

Speaking of the hotel--the restaurant was overpriced. It was the smallest Twin room I can think of--in fact, the Studio room meant one of the beds was a sofa-bed--mattress support is not great. Since the hotel is just over one year old, the bedding are still soft and comfy, that was nice.

We just had enough room to laid down our suitcases without jumping over them--my dad's put his on the stool and I stowed mine under the sofa-bed. With so little space, you will do your reading and eating on your bed too--do not expect to serve those chilled meal in your room.

A nice touch though--LAN port at bedside. They knew you won't be working on the desk anyway. Small backpacks can slide under the bedside table, or they must spend the night on the carpet.

Free speedy Internet via LAN in room and Wi-Fi in lobby. Treasure that lobby WiFi because free Internet is hard to find elsewhere in Japan away from the hotel and airport.

As others have mentioned, the toilet is roomy in comparison.

All in all a nice hotel for the price point. Umeda is convenient and upscale, but Namba area could be more suitable for first-timers.

Date of stay: July 2012
2  Thank KahOn
Reviewed July 19, 2012

I really enjoyed this hotel. I can't say it enough but LOCATION pretty much MADE this hotel.

- GREAT location. Really close to all the Umeda shopping that you'll ever want to do. Umeda is one of the two main shopping centers in Osaka, and it's the more contemporary one at that, so definitely recommend. It's close to a TON of restaurants as well, and major hotels so it's really easy to catch airport buses without having to put down hundreds of $$ to stay in a fancy hotel.
- Also like 2 blocks away from the metro station, which was really convenient to hop down Line 1 to the other shopping center, Nihonbashi and Namba. It was also walking distance (a little less than 10 min) to the Umeda Train Station, which is the main train station in Osaka, so it was really easy to hop on a train to nearby cities like Kobe and Kyoto as well!
- 2 blocks north of the hotel there are also a bunch of Okonomiyaki restaurants as well! It was probably the closest hotel to them since they were a little north of Umeda, which just made this hotel even better.
- 1 block away from 3 different convenient stores. If you've ever stayed in Japan, you'll understand how awesome this is too.
- The price was great. $80/night for a convenient, efficient hotel.
- Was relatively clean... not the cleanest but it was clean.

The cons:
- Rooms were VERY small. Not much walking room at all, we had 2 suitcases and it was pretty hard to maneuver. Everything seemed very packed just perfectly into the room.
- Bed was against RIGHT against the wall. I'm kind of a stickler for cleanliness so this made me pretty weary because you never know what you're really sleeping up against. Added to this, my Kindle fell down between the wall and the bed and I conveniently forgot it because of how the bed was situated. That said, this was my fault for not checking anyway and kind of besides the point of this review.
- Related to this, the window pane was kind of dusty which grossed me out a little, especially with it being right over the bed...
- Added to this, room slippers were provided but they looked a little dirty, even when we first arrived. The hotel we stayed at in Tokyo gave us new shrink-wrapped slippers every day so it felt a little unsanitary compared to that.
- Staff didn't really speak English. At all.

It must also be said that I left behind my Kindle in the hotel room, contacted the hotel, and they helped me get it back. However, I'm not sure what's customary in Japan but in the US, if you had forgotten something they would ship it to you free of charge. This hotel did NOT, even though I shipped it domestically to a location in Tokyo for about 750 yen. I thought it was a little cheap of them but they did help me, it was my mistake in leaving it, and I got it back, and for that I am grateful.

Date of stay: June 2012