“Quiet hotel in excellent location”

Fraser Residence Nankai Osaka
Ranked #4 of 333 Hotels / Ryokan in Osaka
Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

We've spent three nights at the hotel and really enjoyed it. Given these are serviced apartments, don't expect the grandeur of a five star hotel entrance lobby and superlative restaurants but expect something much more homely.

The apartments are very well presented and western. We were on the second floor, just above the reception and tapas bar but couldn't hear any noise from them or from the street outside. I hear any kind of noise so was pleasantly surprised.

The price of the apartments are very reasonable - much cheaper than other hotels that are the in neighbourhood.

Staff are friendly and if you can't speak much Japanese like me, you'll be pleased to know the receptionists speak excellent English.

Breakfast isn't much, but if you need more to get you going for the day, there are plenty of places at the station or shopping areas just outside the hotel.

The staff have print outs helping you to reach the small number of attractions in Osaka which must be the Castle (although it's a replica), Universal Studios, Japanese Buddhist Temples, Floating Garden Observatory and Spa World.

The hotel is in the best location for getting the train directly to Kansai international airport.

There are loads of shops and restaurants within walking distance too.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank MarcusWillTravel

Reviewed July 22, 2014

一家三口訂了Fraser Residence Nankai Osaka六日五夜。飛機到達日本大阪後我們由關西國際機場坐南海電鐵至 Fraser Residence Nankai Osaka到達難波站一出過對面馬路就看到酒店非常方便。我訂的房型是 【一間臥室】豪華雙人大床房間+早餐+附加床。One bedroom suite with breakfast and an additional single bed.。四點Check-in辦理手續很快。只付每晚房錢+小孩附加床費、不需要付任何按金,便可上房。酒店新。客廳、房、衣帽間、床、浴室、浴缸、智能廁所都很好。乾淨。有小型廚房有餐具提供。附加床就是客廳本身的沙發。占用了客廳地方。沒有沙發坐。【房間沒辦法加床】。全酒店有免費WIFI方便。熱水足、水壓夠力。盥洗用品每天有補給。每天打掃房間都有提供免費樽裝水。但茶包、咖啡只提供第一天其餘日子沒有補給。客廳冷氣足、房間冷氣不足調控有些問題。每天給小費在床頭。服務員都沒有收取。早餐只有A、B、C餐選擇不多但足夠飽。有洗衣、乾衣機方便但沒提供洗衣液需要自購。有健身房。酒店附近有很多大型商場。Check out快速。房間價錢可以。以日本房間來說這裡面積【40平方米】我很喜歡。住了六日五夜整體感覺很滿意。下次大阪遊如不狂加價肯定會再次入住。希望能再次訂到這酒店。因為這酒店很易爆滿。

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Janettetse
Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

My visit was exceptional ... From the desk staff, house keeping, to the restaurant... So polite & helpful !!!
My daughter has been in Osaka for
four years and she just loves it !!!
The Fraser was so close to shops & restaurants.
The only thing that would have made my visit over the top would be a pool ...

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed July 3, 2014

This is my first visit in Oaska and traveled with a 5 years old. We are so pleased to pick this hotel for our 10 days trip and we booked the room with one bedroom.

- Less clothes to bring because I can wash my clothes every morning before going out
- The small kitchen and simple kitchenware allow us to do some light cooking for the little one
- Microwave is useful when I feel hungry at night
- The Refrigerator allow me to save the the Pablo cheesecake for few more days
- The walk-in closet let me stored all my luggage
- 2 TVs in the rooms so I can watched the World Cup in the living room while my kid watch Cartoon in the sleeping room
- We agreed the complementary breakfast inside the Namba City is better (The portion of the Japanese style breakfast is no different than a lunch)
- It is only about 10 minutes walk (with luggage) between the Nankai Namba station and the hotel
- You can buy the Kansai Thru pass from the lobby
- The staff is very helpful that they helped to call some attraction and made reservation for us
- Feel like paying a 4 stars hotel for the benefit from a 5 star hotel

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the high floor
Reviewed July 1, 2014

I have visited Osaka with my mum and we have planned to try this hotel since it was rated well. I am impressed with the room itself especially when I found the washing machine in the room. Just leave all your clothes in the washing machine for wash and dry while you can go out for sightseeing. For those who booked this hotel, please bring your own detergent from home if you would like to save some penny. This hotel was not hard to find. Once you reach Nankai Namba Station, you walked out from the station and find for McDonald. The hotel is opposite the Mc Donald. No worries about how heavy is your luggage bags as the hotel itself is very near to the airport train station. It takes about 5 to 10minutes walk. The breakfast was in small set portion and the food is just ok but the coffee/tea and juices is refillable. If you want to go to Nipponbashi and Den Den Town, this hotel will be the best as there are lots of shops and shopping street to walk around. If you are overloaded or to heavy to carry back, no worries as the post office is just right next opposite to the hotel. For those who planned to visit Dotonbori, Amerikamura and Shinsaibashi as well as Takashimaya Shopping Centre, you just need to take 10minutes to 15minutes walking distance. It was really a very comfortable and convenient hotel. I highly recommend this hotel for those who come with family.

2  Thank AdelineGAT
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Osaka is a big city , for me as a tourist I prefered to stay in an accomodation near the train station, many restaurants nearby and have the aminities to accomodate my stay. Fraser Residence Apartment is an apartment fulfill all the above requirement and more, I stayed in one bed room apartment, it is like your own apartment, it has all the equipment you need. The kitchen utensils are clean and in good condition, washing machine and other electronic devices eventhough with japanese writings, the apartment give you a complete english instruction booklet and easy to follow. My idea for my 10days in Japan is not to bring many clothes since I can wash them latter in the apartment. Oww and its a drier too..hahaha. Good deal if you booked in advance. Kitchen is ready to use, if you want to cook but hey..its a holiday....chef need a break....plenty of restaurant nearby, go to Takashimaya food hall accros the street you might gone crazy there, and evening time after 7pm or is it 8 pm they sale the foods..good deal. Love to stay here because it is also close to the train direct to Kansai Airport.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

We love every bit of our stay. My children enjoyed the location . Since we did not bring so much clothes , the washer and dryer was helpful . The receptionist was not too friendly though. They did not answer our questions .

• Stayed: November 2013