Stayed 5 nights in a 1-bedroom suite.
Impressed by the following during my stay:
- Excellent hotel location in the heart of Namba, Osaka - the subway station is just 5 minutes walk from the hotel. However, the JR train station is slightly further, around 10 minutes away (a pleasant stroll during early spring). There are numerous shopping malls and eateries around the hotel. Dotonbori, Amerikamura, Shinsaibashi and Kuromon Ichiba are all within walking distance from the hotel.
- Excellent hospitality shown by the all hotel staff - Hotel staff are always ready to assist, polite, cheerful and most importantly, speaks good English. The assistant sales manager even emailed directions from Kansai airport to the hotel few days before my trip to Osaka. We flew in to Osaka early in the morning and was at the hotel around 9am, the hotel staff showed us to the guest lounge where we were able to freshen up before continuing our journey to Kyoto. She was even attentive enough to pass me a package which I was expecting even before I had the chance to enquire about it. By the time we got back from Kyoto in the evening, our luggages are all in the room, was glad that we didn't have to go through the whole checking in process again.
- Well-equipped room - we have washer/dryer (you can buy detergent from front desk), tv + dvd player + music player, microwave, air purifier in our room. The washer is especially helpful for travelers on long trips. The bed is huge and comfortable, a great place to rest after a full day of sight-seeing/shopping.
However, there are certain things that needed improvements on:
- Tea bags and coffee wasn't replenished by housekeeping during my stay in the hotel. We had to call up reception to ask for green tea and coffee almost on a daily basis. Nevertheless, they are usually quite apologetic and prompt in responding to our request.
- Breakfast provided by the hotel is not as great compared to other eateries around the hotel. Breakfast is a very simple Japanese or western breakfast set, and it is the same menu throughout my stay. I am sure the hotel will be able to come out with more variety and tastier food for the guests.
Overall, we are extremely satisfied with our stay in Fraser Residence Hotel. Will definitely consider staying in this hotel if we ever travel to Osaka again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are the first International Serviced Residence in Osaka. Ideally located for business ana leisure, just 2 minites from the airport train staion. Ideal for long term stay as well as short term, from 1 night. Fully equipped with Washing/Dryer machine, Kitchennette, and connected free WiFi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, JAPANiCAN, Orbitz, Agoda, Booking.com, Rakuten, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Fraser Residence Nankai Osaka reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fraser Residence Nankai Osaka Hotel Osaka