“best hotel out of all the hotels we stayed at in japan”

Fraser Residence Nankai Osaka
Ranked #4 of 353 Hotels / Ryokan in Osaka
Reviewed October 30, 2013

pros-
-apt style hotel w/ kitchen, wifi etc
- washer/ dryer in room!- great esp after traveling 1.5 wks w/ dirty laundry! all hotels should have washer/dryers in room!
- free breakfast- food was only ok but hey its free so no complaints here
- right across from main station if u get out of the right exit
- rate was very reasonable, i thought it was cheap compared to all other options

no con, in my opinion =)

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jessica K
Write a ReviewReviews (1,022)

Reviewed October 28, 2013

My friend and I decided to book Fraser Residence Nankai for it's great location and room sizes and other services that they were offering such as English TV channels, A/C, mini kitchen etc. However, as soon as we got into our rooms, there was this terrible body odor scent reaks from the bedsheets, chairs, curtains, you name it.. I requested to change the rooms few times, they made me wait for 2 hours before they arrange another room to check, the problems were in all rooms that they offered me, it was really unbearable but we had to stay as there were no other hotels available at that time. I got used to the terrible scent with spraying perfume and whatever I can get my hands on to just cover up that body odor scent, after getting my room cleaned up I came back to the room with even more stronger scent than before. I really don't think this hotel was worth the money we paid for, they should at least do something about the bad smell in the rooms, their way of handling this situation was quite poor and not so helpful at all. I'll never ever stay in this hotel again. Horrible experience for me and for my friends!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
8  Thank Ayshaa
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for three nights and loved this hotel. Was just close enough to everthing although think it would take several weeks to get the hang of the massive station and ive lived in central london for three years. We were only on the third floor and didnt really register the road noise. One bed fully equiped apartment was able to do some washing mid trip and listen to all my new cds from Tower records on the stereo.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Stayed 5 nights in a studio deluxe. Wi-fi, kitchenette, washer machine, toiletries, everything needed was provided to the detail. Very clean, modern and lots of room. Service was excellent and very quick. Lots of restaurants and shops conveniently around. Not quite in the hustle and bustle of Dotonbori but distance was easily manageable. Close enough to walk (15mins) or if you're tired taxi was cheap around 700 yen (we didn't quite get the hang of the subway although train station is located directly across)
Definitely recommended!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Period of stay: 15-20 Sep 2013
Room: 2 rooms (1 studio, 1 bedroom)
Floor: 3

Room:
I booked 2 rooms for my family. one bedroom and one studio.
The rooms are very big in according to the JAPAN STANDARD.

Nothing to complain about the room, washer machine, 2 TVs, independent air-con, microware, cooking tools, plates n bowls, fork n knife n spoon, induction cooker, hot water boiling machine, BIG FREEZER, electronic toilet, bathing tub, clean and soft bed, Sofa, storage room (yes storage room), safe box, Free Wifi, etc.

Location:
Town center, it is really easy to find after you get off the Namba station, no need to interchange from KIX airport to hotel (make your life easier if you carrying large luggages and with kids)

Breakfast:
few selections (one restaurant inside hotel), the other restaurant is located in shopping mall, it takes me 15 mins to find (1st time) becos the name doesnt match with the hotel leaflet (it actuallys 4 mins walk). Anyway, the breakfast is good and above standard.

Service: the staff is helpful when I asking for direction. They print the train schedule for me (free). English is up to standard but dont expect they speak fluently.

Nearby: big shopping mall next to the hotel, lots of restaurants nearby, 2 convenience stores next to hotel, shopping street is walking distance (10-15 mins walk)

conclusion: value for money, big room, especially u have kids and need to washing your kids dirty clothings (no need to bring many clothes). I would like to say it is close to five stars hotel but u pay 4 stars price only

Room Tip: One bedroom is better than studio, wont let you down (according to Japan standard)
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank HKPigskin
Reviewed October 18, 2013

We stayed in an executive one-bedroom which means a higher floor, therefore less road noise. Staff were amazingly helpful when my daughter lost her toy rabbit. They came to check the airconditioning immediately when I reported a problem. The sofa in the living room turns into a single bed. There is no space for another bed.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I stayed at the Fraser Residence for one night in Osaka with friends. The goal was to take a break from the more traditional ryokan we stayed in Kyoto and relax in a more modern-style hotel.

We got our wish! Our two-bedroom suite was excellent - it's basically a furnished apartment with very modern furnishings and the most comfortable bed I slept in during my trip to Japan.

One of the reasons we booked here was because of the inclusion of a washer and dryer - perfect for refreshing our clothes mid-way through our trip. Unfortunately, it did not work. And since we were only staying there the night, it was too late for us to do anything about it.

Despite this snag in our plans, I really wished we had stayed here more nights. We paid about $350 or so for the night, but between 4 people it was a great value given the amenities.

Lastly - the location is EXCELLENT. It's next to a major station, and the second we walked out of our hotel we were surrounded by tons of great places to eat. Couldn't ask for a better location.

Protip: You can purchase a discounted Osaka day pass/Aquarium tickets at the concierge.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends