“Perfect Luxury”

Ranked #3 of 309 Hotels / Ryokan in Osaka
Melbourne, Australia
“Perfect Luxury”
Reviewed May 7, 2014

We stayed three nights here during our stay in Osaka and this hotel is the epitome of luxury.

The hotel was in perfect condition, the staff polite and quick to anticipate your needs and wants, and the bathroom is to die for (marble tub, large shower with rain shower head, TV, high tech toilet).

Room was large by Japanese standard and was outfitted with central controls, meaning we could control all lighting, temperature and curtains open/close from our bedside. This is the future! Bed is comfortable and large, with a number of pillows to choose from.

The hotel is in a centralised location and has a convenient store nearby, and right next to a subway station.

This is perhaps the nicest hotel I've stayed in Osaka, I was told Japanese and Western celebrities stay here frequently as well.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Ashley J
alairi, General Manager at The St. Regis Osaka, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Dear Ashley J,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comment on Tripadvisor following your last stay here at the St. Regis Osaka. This is much appreciated.
I am pleased to read that you had a lovely first stay, did enjoy the comfort of your room and what our premium location has to offer.

The team and I do look forward to welcoming you back soon the next time you visit the Kansai region.

Alain Rigodin - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 4, 2014

Stayed there for first time. I usually stay at ritz Carlton when I am in Osaka but tried st. Regis for first time. What better at st. Regis is that there are not too many outside people so it gives you more privacy. What can be better: only two desks for front desk and I had to wait for a while for check in. I wish they had a pool there.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank sw k
Dear Sw K,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your feedback on Tripadvisor following your last here at the St. Regis Osaka.

It is much appreciated and I am pleased to see that you had overall a most enjoyable stay.

Once again, thank you and looking forward to welcoming you back soon at the St. Regis Osaka.

Sheffield
Reviewed May 4, 2014

I personally use Tripadvisor to find good value hotels- I'm not interested in paying the earth for 5 star treatment when there is great value elsewhere for perfectly good hotels. I often get frustrated that the top 10 hotels for most cities on Tripadvisor are also the most expensive hotels by a mile.

However what attracted me to the St Regis is it wasn't that much more expensive than other hotels we were staying at in Japan (for instance the Citadines hotel in Shinjuku, Tokyo) and yet the leap up in quality was astounding.

Our average hotel in Japan was about £100 a night, and yet for £165 a night at the St Regis in Osaka there wasn't a moment I questioned paying that bit extra between the two of us for what felt like total and utter luxury to us. I've never laid in a marble bath and watched television, or pressed a button to open my curtains to reveal stunning views over the city, or been treated with such endless care and thought. The customer care of the staff at the St Regis is goes more than the extra mile to be almost embarrassingly subservient and caring.

As a tourist the location on top of a subway station is fantastic- we walked miles every day until we could barely stand up and being able to get off the train and into your bedroom in minutes was bliss. Everything about the bedroom feels plush and luxurious. The enormous, comfortable beds. The walk in closet for your clothes that automatically turns the lights on when you walk into it. The huge shower which sprays you from every angle. On our last morning we stayed relaxing in the rooms right until the check out at 12 (which is generous they let you stay so long). They also delivered newspapers to us each morning which we didnt seem to have to pay for.

We never really used the Butler service as I never quite understood what it was for and moe importantly, what we'd have to pay for. However we did indulge one morning and have breakfast delivered to our room. It was so large we only ordered one breakfast to share from the set menu. I think the only tiny down side of staying in such a luxurious hotel is the fact that you pay a LOT for extras, so the breakfast was about £20-25. We had two drinks in the bar downstairs which again came to about £20-25.

If you want to indulge and £165 is within budget for you, then it is worth it. I think you can get rooms cheaper but we paid extra for the higher skyline views and had a room on the 25th floor. Again it was stunning, much like the hotel :)

Room Tip: Skyline views are from the 20th floor and up
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank uratargetmarket
Dear Uratargetmarket,

Thank you very much for the detailed post you wrote on Tripadvisor following your first stay here at the St. Regis Osaka. It is much appreciated.

We are indeed receiving excellent comments about how convenient your now preferred hotel in Osaka is located. The team and I are delighted to read that you had a lovely stay and that you were able to enjoy the many shopping surrounding the hotel.

Many thanks again for staying at the The St. Regis Osaka and looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Ozamiz City, Philippines
Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 days and I have nothing but praise for them. The service is impeccable and the place itself if totally 5 star. Rooms are spacious and the view was amazing. Breakfast was ok. The location gives it more credits as the hotel is located just above a subway station. 5 stars for this hotel for me.

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Michael_Asombrado
alain_03198, General Manager at The St. Regis Osaka, responded to this review, April 27, 2014
Dear The WanderingLife,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a post on Tripadvisor following your last visit here at the St. Regis Osaka. It is much appreciated.

We are pleased to read that you had a lovely stay and did enjoy very much the beautiful view from your room and amenities offered. We also take note of your feedback regarding the breakfast experience and thank you for your recommendation

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and the team and I sincerely do look forward to welcoming you back soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 22, 2014

After staying in a ryokan for the days previous to checking into the St. Regis we were really looking forward to some classic luxuries. The thing that blew us away first though was the view! We had a room on the 26h floor and you felt as if you had all of Osaka within your grasp. We found the rooms clean with delicious tea and nibbles to welcome us. The room was a good size and the bathroom and dressing room were very inviting.

We were a little disappointed with the breakfast menu as it al sounded delicious but was lacking in quality upon arrival. The bar though is a beautiful place for cocktails before dinner as the all over decor of the hotel is classic and beautiful. We would stay there again if the chance arrives!

Room Tip: Go as high as you can to get the view!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
alain_03198, General Manager at The St. Regis Osaka, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear TheWanderingLife,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your comment posted on Tripadvisor, following your last stay at The St. Regis Osaka.

Your feedback and recommendation is much appreciated as it enables us to continuously improve the way we do thing. I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay including your room with the stunning view of Osaka city.

Looking forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back here at The St. Regis Osaka the next time you visit the Kansai region.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed April 21, 2014

After the hustle and bustle of Osaka , the hotel is a peaceful oasis . Very comfortable rooms, great shower and good service . The restaurants are very quiet and you are therefore tempted to go out again. Perhaps the pricing should be reviewed ?Appreciate it is a luxury hotel and western fare but there might be more of a buzz around if there wasn't a sense of unnecessary over charging.

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Alwaysfivestar,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comment on Tripadvisor following your last here at the St. Regis Osaka. Your feedback and suggestion is much appreciated.
I am pleased to read that you had a lovely stay and the team and I do look forward to welcoming you back soon the next time you visit Osaka.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Everything about my stay was terrific. The room was exceptional. The service was exceptional. The exercise facilities were excellent. Very nice views. Nespresso coffee maker in the room. I really can't think of any negatives. Left my Ipad room. Called immediately after leaving the hotel, and when it was too late to turn back. They sent the Ipad onto my next destination with no muss of fuss.

Wonderful hotel I hope to visit in the future.

Room Tip: High floors have very nice views to the North. Southern views might be good too.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Maxsar911,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comment on Tripadvisor following your last stay at The St. Regis Osaka. Your feedback is much appreciated.
It is pleasing to know that you much enjoyed what the St. Regis brand and The St. Regis Osaka has to offer. I am also pleased to read that your Ipad was found and was returned to you safely.

Again thank you for your comment and I do look forward to welcoming you and your family back soon the next time you visit the Kansai region.