“I wish to live here”

Ranked #4 of 298 Hotels / Ryokan in Osaka
Mexico City, Mexico
“I wish to live here”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

This was our first time in a St. Regis and we were so amazed by the fine luxury of everything and for the butler service. We learn that this brand really knows how to give an aggregate value to their guest. This was our first time in Osaka (actually in Japan) and our personal buttler helped us in everything: places to eat, parks, museums, sightseeing points, shows, transport options, currency exchange, even a hot springs town!... she anticipate to everything we wanted.
The room was sober but you can feel the quality of the bed, shower, furniture, bath amenities... we couldn't ask for more, for sure exceed our expectations of the amount paid (not cheap tough)
With no doubts St. Regis over the world will be our next choice in future.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
alain_03198, General Manager at The St. Regis Osaka, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Dear Draghignazzo,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comment on Tripadvisor following your first stay with us and at a St. Regis.

Your feedback is much appreciated. It is pleasing to know that you enjoyed everything that The St. Regis brand and The St. Regis Osaka has to offer; and that you did enjoyed in particular our Butler service and experience.

Once again, I thank you very much for your kind words and we do look forward to welcoming you back soon at the St. Regis Osaka or in any of our 50+ St. Regis worldwide.

Alain Rigodin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Macau, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

This is the first time I stayed at St. Regis Osaka and it's really impressed me and my husband. All staffs are polite and helpful. They really provided a very good services to all their hotel customers and makes us feel like home with 24 hours butler service.

For the location, it is at the end of the Shinsaibashi and definitely convenient for shopping and many local restaurants and ramen shops around.

Highly recommend for couples.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
alain_03198, General Manager at The St. Regis Osaka, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Dear Clara Pet C,

Thank you so much for posting a nice comment you wrote on Tripadvisor following your last here at the St. Regis Osaka. It is much appreciated.

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed our St. Regis butler service and experience, and the team and I do look forward to welcoming you both back soon.

In the meantime I’d like to extend to you and your family our very best wishes for the Holiday season.

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

We stayed there 3 nights and had a great experience. Apart from being a very quiet and elegant hotel with a great location, it offers excellent services. We had been to multiple St Regis in Asia. But this one is the best so far. The breakfast was spectacular. All in all, it was very good value for money.

Dear Ray820,

Thank you so much for the nice post and you wrote on Tripadvisor following your last 3 nights stay here at the St. Regis Osaka. It is much appreciated.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the St. Regis experience and in particular the breakfast. The team and I do look forward to welcoming you and the family back soon.

Kaneohe, HI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

I am totally in love with this hotel. After a harrowing ride from the Shin-Osaka train station (the driver took five minutes, with the meter running, to find the place), and being in not the best mood because of that, the staff took charge of me and from then on it was euphoria! First I was whisked to the twelfth floor where a very charming young lady checked me in and surprised me with a room upgrade if I would only wait about a half-hour (I actually was there before their stated check-in time) I could check into my new room. She also provided a room where I could wait until it was ready. I found that I could easily have enjoyed staying in this elegant, huge room for the entire stay! I kept thinking "what is the REAL room going to be like?

Well, I was just overwhelmed when I arrived at my "named" suite. Thinking back, I believe it's the only "named" suite in which I've ever stayed. It turned out to be the "Yuri" suite, and the person who took me to the room informed me that yuri is a Japanese flower, and lo and behold there was a yuri on the coffee table. Anyway, it would take a lot more space than I should probably take to tell you all the wonders of this room. It consisted of a living room, a bedroom, a little office/closet space, and one of the most gorgeous bathrooms I've ever seen, including a separate shower, a huge soaking tub with a window overlooking Osaka, and a separate and enclosed toilet.

The bed was a monstrous king size bed with pillows that could probably satisfy a family of eight. Huge, fluffy, soft pillows that could whisk you off to slumberland in extreme comfort. I felt that I could easily just move in here for the rest of my life and be extremely happy lolling around in all this luxury. There were two huge flat-screen TVs: one in the living room and one in the bedroom, with a smaller screen in the bath.

The cabinets were full of the usual amenities in a first-class hotel, with lots of special drinks and snacks and in one cabinet were gorgeous crystal goblets in every possible size for certain wines.

In addition to all this, my "butler" showed me around the room (I kept thinking I needed a Sherpa guide, the place is so big) and gave me lots of information of the services available. As my butler, she also unpacked my bags and took some of my dirty shirts down to be laundered. In terms of service, this hotel could not be bettered, and in terms of elegance and understated luxury, I've NEVER seen anything to top it, even the Mandarin Oriental in Tokyo (my heretofore favorite hotel in the world).

A buffet breakfast was included, and it is served in the main restaurant, La Veduta. Not only was the buffet lavish, with a mind blowing array of wonderful foods, but you were also able to order one dish off the breakfast menu. Had I taken a little bit more time to peruse the menu I probably would have gotten the steak and eggs, but when I saw eggs benedict I immediately chose that. As I went through the buffet line for other goodies I saw a chef grilling a steak and knew I had made a mistake. That steak will definitely be in danger of my eating it tomorrow.

I went to the bar last night prior to heading out on the town, and it, along with everything else here, was amazing. There are no bartenders. They definitely are MIXOLOGISTS, and prepare mouth watering drinks, and sitting at the bar watching them perform their magic is another plus. Later in the evening there was a live singer (not so hot) and a pianist (excellent). The bar itself is elegant and lavish, with a huge mural showing sights and sites in Osaka as interpreted by a very talented artist. It was comparable to the "King Cole" mural at the St. Regis in Manhattan.

I could go on and on and on, but suffice to say this hotel offers luxury and service far above and beyond any other hotel. I can't think of enough adjectives to describe how superb this place is!

The only problem is that any other luxury hotel pales in comparison. My highest recommendation!

Room Tip: Try for one of their "named" suites, although the deluxe rooms are quite nice as well
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Whitsiepoo
alain_03198, General Manager at The St. Regis Osaka, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear Whitsiepoo,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your lavish comment and detailed feedback on Tripadvisor following your last stay with us.

It is much appreciated and we are pleased to know that you enjoyed the comfort and interior design of the Yuri Suite. I have taken the liberty to convey your kind compliments to the hotel team and in particular to our Butler team.

Once again, I thank you very much for your kind words and looking forward to welcoming you back soon at the St. Regis Osaka.

I’d also like to extend to you and your family our very best wishes for the Holiday season.

vimarn
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

Osaka was our final destination of our 12-day-trip to Japan; we arrived at Umeda station by train from Kyoto and took a taxi to the St. Regis, which was only about a 10-minutes ride. It would also have been very easy to take the subway as the hotel is only 2 stops away at Honmachi station and taking exit number 7 leads you directly to their premises. We arrived around 11 am, our room was not yet ready, so we just left our luggage there and took the subway to Osaka acquarium. It was around 4 pm when we returned and checked-in, we were accompanied to the room and received detailed information on how everything works (they also have butler service).

The lobby is reached by elevator as the hotel occupies the upper half of the building; it is beautifully designed with high ceilings, the bar and the Italian restaurant are adjacent and of equal tasteful design. From the lobby or the bar you have direct access to the Japanese style roof garden, where guests can enjoy drinks or even eat if wheather and climate permit or smoke (the hotel is smoke-free). On the lobby level it feels like being in a small castle.

The room we had was quiet, spacious with huge windows and spectacular views over the city of Osaka. Curtains can be opened or closed by pushing a button, the bed was just heavenly. The bathroom had two sinks, a shower and bath cabin and a separate toilet cabin. In Japan it seems to be a matter of course that toilet seats are heated, so we got already used to it, but at the St. Regis the toilets are even more sophisticated, i.e. don't bother to flush as it is all automatically taken care of as soon as you stand up (I have never seen anything like this and was completed fascinated by that simple but effective device!). There is ample space to store your cloths and luggage. They provide turn down service in the evening which I always find a pleasant treat. A Nespresso coffeee machine is also available in the room.

Breakfast is served in the Italian restaurant; the room is not huge so you may have to wait a short while if too many guests arrive at the same time. The buffet is overwhelming, small and elegant items, each artfully presented! Hot dishes can also be ordered from the open kitchen (egg benedict was delicious). It was simply a perfect start for the day.

As dinner time in Japan ends rather early we visited the bar every evening before going to bed. Atmosphere was wonderful, with a pianist and a female singer, who made pleasant breaks from time to time. We thought it was a bit pricey with a glass of red wine costing Yen 2,300++, and as we normally consume more than one glass of wine, a bill of Yen 10,000 for the two of us was the rule. One day we went for afternoon tea with splits of champagne; it was good but we felt that food they served was not really fresh, a repeat session was therefore not on our agenda.

We booked our flight to Tokyo-Narita airport departing from Itami aiport, as it is much closer than Kansai aiport. Unfortunately during that week we were in Osaka, the highway to Itami airport was closed in both directions for reconstruction. Our flight left at 8 am, so taking a taxi was not an option as we had to get on that flight, returning to Switzerland from Tokyo at 11 am. Hotel staff was very helpful in advising us how to reach Itami airport on time, i.e. at 6 am we took the subway to Umeda station and from there the monorail to Itami. Traveling time was about 40 minutes, but a bit uncomfortable with heavy luggage (lots of stairs), As the location of the St. Regis is indeed very convenient, with the subway station just beneath, taking public transportation to Itami airport may be something you may want to consider with light luggage, it's very reliable and probably less time consuming than by taxi (specially during rush hours).

Unfortunately we only stayed three nights and very much regretted to have to leave. On our next trip to Osaka we will book the St. Regis again, but for an entire week! Everything is so elaborate with a lot of attention to details; we had a most delightful experience with the St. Regis.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
alain_03198, General Manager at The St. Regis Osaka, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Dear Vimarn,

Thank you so much for the wonderful post and beautifully written description you wrote on Tripadvisor following your last here at the St. Regis Osaka. It is much appreciated.
I am pleased to read that you had a lovely stay and the team and I do look forward to welcoming you both back soon.

charlotte
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2013

This Hotel NEVER disappoints us. The location, the property itself and the staff are just incredible. From the Senior Receptionist to the head Chef, all areas are unbelievably wonderful. Kobe beef, room cleanliness and rapid attention are just a few items that constantly place this property over the top with professional service. This is a level 6 property for the St Regis group. It shows. You will NOT be disappointed here.

Room Tip: We do not know of a bad room at this property. Each visit we make here always has an exceptionally...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
alain_03198, General Manager at The St. Regis Osaka, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Dear Perry w,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your nice comment on Tripadvisor following your recent stay with us.

It is much appreciated and will inspire us to continue to excel in our service delivery. I have taken the liberty to convey your kind compliments to the hotel team.

May I also take this opportunity to extend to you and your family our very best wishes for the Holiday season.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2013

Close proximity to city centre, the hotel is about 10 minutes drive from Namba Station. Exceptional service provided right upon arrival. Welcome drinks were delivered to the room moments after we checked in and our butler even kindly provided us with a city map for our reference.

Our room was located on the 22nd floor which had awesome view of the city. Room was well equipped and i love the in room Nespresso machine. Turn down service was a nice touch and I truly appreciate it. Every amenity in the room is meticulously prepared and the room was very cozy. Bedside light panels were very convenient too. Personally, I'm quite particular about the pillows but this time round, I had a good sleep throughout my 2 nights stay at the hotel.

This is by far best hotel I've ever stayed in. Would definitely return for future stays. Sleek, modern, luxury hotel with bespoke service. As expected, this is indeed the Best Address in Osaka.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
St.RegisOsaka, お客様担当マネージャー at The St. Regis Osaka, responded to this review, December 25, 2013
I am honored to read your kindly and detailed comments. It is always pleasure to hear positive comments about our service, which makes us proud of our team members. Having good sleep is essential to have fresh start in the morning, especially during travel. The St. Regis Osaka is offering our original pillow and bed to provide our guest high-quality rest.
Our team members and I will be aiming to provide bespoke service to all of our guests to reach beyond expectation.

We will be looking forward to welcoming you again. Once again, thank you very much for staying with us.