“Best Stay Ever”

The St. Regis Osaka
Ranked #3 of 342 Hotels / Ryokan in Osaka
Reviewed October 19, 2013

2nd time staying in St Regis brand and I would stay my experience here in St Regis Osaka has exceeded my expectations from a luxury hotel. Not only the location is great, the hotel itself is a beauty. The service staffs right from the door man all the way to my butler was awesome, impeccable service! Everyone smiles and greets you with passion regardless of the time of the day.

The room I stayed in had a great view of Osaka city. I love St Regis beds and their pillows as they were extremely comfortable. Breakfast spread was just nice, taste delicious, and the juices were made fresh too. Service staffs likewise were prompt and courteous. The gym equipment were adequate though I don't think that had a swimming pool as I could not find it.

I would definitely return back to this hotel should I return to Osaka. This hotel is by far the best stay I had in Japan.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
alain_03198, General Manager at The St. Regis Osaka, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2013

Dear nivla83,

Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback and kind comment on tripadvisor following your second stay.

It is much appreciated by all of us here at the St. Regis Osaka and we do look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Again thank you for your great review and compliments.

Kind regards,

Alain Rigodin

Write a ReviewReviews (1,561)

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Booked for 3 nights, June 15th 16th 20th but stayed 4 nights with 19th being a last minute change from Kyoto Hyatt (which was a disappointment!)

I stayed in 2 Grand Deluxe Rooms (51sqm, King) and fantastic rooms !

Loved the separate closet space connecting to the bathroom. This space was generous and I could open up my large Samsonite luggage fully in it. Super huge bathroom with 2 wide sinks, wide vanity table & mirror and loved the massage type & big over head shower head that provided a relaxing and refreshing shower after a day of sight seeing ! Very clean room, you can see that they make you room and clean your bathroom daily !

As there were 3 of us, even with a rolled-in bed, the room was spacious and very pleasant !

Had the most comfortable and memorable stay here !

Coupled with the friendly and warm staff especially the bell boy (who is always there to greet us as we approached the hotel side entrance in the evenings & nights - even came over twice to greet me & took care of my opened up umbrella just before I could even bring it down to close it ! and the staff at the side counter,as you walk into the entrance, will always be there every night smiling and greeting us when we return from a day of sight seeing) They just made us feel so welcomed and left a warm feeling whenever we returned back to the hotel !

Location was also excellent, just above subway, convenience store just across the side entrance of the hotel and after this convenience store, if you walk ahead, there is a long straight street with many restaurants (for different budgets) & shopping at both sides and if you follow this long stretch and keep walking straight on ahead, you could reach the main shopping district Shinsaibashi (20-25 minutes walk & you will not be bored nor tired because both sides have eateries, shops & departmental stores along the way) and this long stretch is a 95% covered sheltered walkway (5% is uncovered when u need to cross the traffic lights).

There is this bakery (1st bakery after the convenience store across the hotel side entrance) which has very very nice freshly baked buns !

OVERALL ! I LOVE THIS HOTEL & WILL DEFINITELY RETURN AS LONG AS I VISIT OSAKA !

someone mentioned that this hotel swayed and shake but I didn't experience that at all and was glad my husband persuaded me to give this hotel a try after he read through the past reviews.

Room, Cleanliness, Hospitality tops in this hotel ! THIS ST REGIS OSAKA HOTEL MADE ME & MY ENTIRE FAMILY WANT TO STAY IN ANY ST REGIS WE COULD FIND IN ANY COUNTRY WE WILL BE VISIITING ! Thumbs up & keep up the excellent service !

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
St.RegisOsaka, Manager at The St. Regis Osaka, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Dear karang88
Thank you for sharing your past experience at The St Regis Osaka on TA
At The St Regis Osaka , we continuously strive to provide all of our guests with exceptional customer service and your kind comments are highly appreciated ;your compliments to our service has been passed on to our guest service team to recognize their efforts.
My team and I look forward to welcoming you back for another memorable stay in the near future.
Giuseppe Fornillo
Hotel Manager

Reviewed October 14, 2013

This the second time to stay in this hotel within 6 months as the experience for the first time was just amazing....
I'd like to highlight the excellent service provided by the Hotel Manager , all the staff and Bulters at the St. Regis Osaka , it truly made our holiday very smooth and pleasant.
Prior to my stay, I contacted the butler through email and have their assistant to make several reservation at a few restaurants .
They replied within a day , it really makes our trip much easier.
The room is spacious and always cleaned thoroughly , the washroom amenities are always refilled.
The breakfast includings the choices of a full Japanese set and buffet . The bakery selection is nice , but the choices for the Made to Order egg dishes can be improved.
Location is absolutely great, just 5 mins to the Subway station, and just one station to Shisabashi station and 2 station to Umeda.
Will definitely stat here again next year , looking forward for special promotion package and new breakfast menu!

From Eva Lau-HK

Room Tip: Always go to their website to check for special package.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dear Eva
Thank you for your continuous support and loyalty for The St Regis Osaka .

I highly appreciate the kind words that you have written about our service and facilities . We continuously strive to provide an exceptional experience for all our guests and your compliments is definitely a motivation for us.

I look forward to welcoming you back to your Osaka home with a new breakfast menu

Reviewed October 13, 2013

As our first stay at the St. Regis Osaka, I can say that we had an over the top experience. Our expectations were beyond exceeded.

Service was excellent up to the very last detail. The staff was very attentive, friendly, helpful and engaged us in all different kinds of conversation. The hotel has a warm and elegant ambiance which made us feel right at home. The room we had was exquisite, good size with well thought-out details and amenities and not to forget a breath taking view of Osaka City.

The hotel is situated in the heart of the city, within walking distance of the Shinsaibashi shopping district, which is full of many branded stores and street shops. The subway station located right below made it very easy for us to move around.

This was an overall sophisticated hotel experience.

Thanks for a magnificent stay at the number one hotel in Osaka.
We will come back as soon as possible.
Well done!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Edeline B
Thank you for sharing your experience at St Regis Osaka
I appreciate the time that you have taken to write a so detailed review about our hotel facilities, location and service and hope that this will be useful for future guests who plan to visit Osaka; I am glad to read your comments about our biggest asset, our team and their service , is always pleasant knowing that we are providing the best services to our guests and you feedback is a great motivator
Dear Edeline B My team and I look forward to welcoming you back for another memorable stay at your home away from home in Osaka .

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Sometimes things are just right. The Osaka StRegis is one. Excellent on every count - although the hotel is not cheap. Great location - especially if you're into shopping. The staff could not be any more attentive. Very clean. Great room and with a fantastic view of the city. It's as good a hotel in Osaka as you could ever want. Only two issues from our end were 1/ the hotel starts on the 12th floor of a building, so to get in or out of your room to/from the street needs two lifts. A bit inconvenient. 2/ shortly after we checked in, my wife was resting in the room on her own - and two staff came in to the room to check the minibar. Probably a genuine mistake, but not OK.
Despite that, we'd be very happy to go back to the StRegis.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Albert S

Dear Albert S

Greetings from The St. Regis Osaka.

Thank you very much for your kind comments about the hotels, facilities, standards and especially about our service provided by our biggest asset, our team .

I would also apologies for the “genuine” inconvenient regarding the minibar, I have shared this incident with the department concern and we will ensure that situation like this will not occur again

With Kind Regards

Reviewed October 12, 2013

This is one of the best hotels I have ever been to.
Positives:
- The room itself was truly wonderful, with electric everything including curtains. Wonderful rainforest shower (large dish on top and small ones on the walls). Absolutely wonderful butler service.
- Location is great with lots of shopping and restaurants nearby. In a very high scale area with access to affordable souvenir shopping.
- Convenience, the hotel is on top of a metro station which makes it very convenient to get places. (Make sure you know your exit from the metro station, since there are a something like 28 exits from the station).
- Hotel itself is very elegant and well appointed with a beautiful terrace.
I highly recommend staying in this hotel when visiting Osaka.

Room Tip: We stayed in a grand Deluxe room, which had a nice king size bed (a rarity in Japan).
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sandra_lube

Dear sandra_lube
Greetings from The St. Regis Osaka.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experience on your recent stay with us.

Nothing is more satisfying for us to know that our entire team has taken care of you very well and leave you with such a wonderful impression.

We would like to thank you for choosing to stay at The St. Regis Osaka and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

With best regards
Giuseppe Fornillo

Reviewed October 12, 2013

1st time stay here. very close to shisaibashi shopping street. From door to room, the service is warm and feel I am VIP. Nearby is very convenient, easy to everywhere in Osaka. Room is great and big with nice view of Osaka. No executive lounge in St. Regis. You are able to find good food/drink nearby.
I'll prefer to stay here again next time.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Richard C
Greetings from The St. Regis Osaka.

I am very pleased to learn how much you enjoyed your stay with us and I would like to thank you for posting your experience in tripadvisor and hope that this will be useful for future guests.

It is really pleasing and motivating for us to receive such compliment from our valued guests and we are glad that you are satisfied with every effort that we make here at The St. Regis Osaka.

With best regards,