“Finest hotel in Osaka”

Ranked #3 of 316 Hotels / Ryokan in Osaka
Oslo, Norway
“Finest hotel in Osaka”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

After an exciting journey from Kyoto, we headed to Osaka and decided to stay in St. Regis, upon arriving, the VIP treatment that we have received from the staff is truly top notch. The room was elegant, big bathroom, a walk-in closet and what we loved the most was the welcome drinks and cakes from our personal St. Regis butler. They truly shine on this one. The staff were nice and friendly but the one who checked us out wasn't really very friendly at all and she didn't even smile...perhaps she was having a bad day but oh well! I love this hotel and will definitely come back!

Oh, don't forget to check out their restaurant for the pastries and goodies... the cakes are heavenly!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
8 Thank Shirayuki214
St.RegisOsaka, Manager at The St. Regis Osaka, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Dear Shirayuki214

Greetings from The St. Regis Osaka.

Thank you very much for your kind comments about the hotels, facilities, standards and especially about our signature butler service .

We also appreciate your constructive comments in regards to your check-in experience please accept our apologies for this .

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back for another memorable stay in the near future.

With Kind Regards

Giuseppe Fornillo Hotel Manager

THE ST.REGIS OSAKA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed August 28, 2012

This is our first trip to Osaka and starting our two weeks touring of this region with our first nights at St.Regis was perfect.Excellent 5 star luxury facilities and service with homely feeling.Our booking came with breakfast which is good and had wide selections.Afternoon tearoom music was great. Underground connection from hotel to JR train station was a small walk but very convenient. Would recommend this hotel to anyone coming to Osaka.

Room Tip: Request room with view on high floor.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank TravelbugX50
hotelier2510, Manager at The St. Regis Osaka, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Dear TravelbugX50,

Greetings from The St. Regis Osaka.

Thank you very much for staying with us and for your kind comments. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your Breakfast & Afternoon Tea.

The Subway station (Exit 7) is just below the hotel - and depending where you arrive it can be a little walk.

We hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay in Osaka and we are looking forward to welcome you back soon.

Japan
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Arrived jet lagged from UK, great welcome. Staff couldn't be more helpful. Real room with a view. spacious sized, very good bathroom with TV, a very inviting bed&pillows ! Amazing view of Downtown Osaka. The St. Regis bar&La Veduta in the hotel was excellent. Overall service was faultless. Will definitely return.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
7 Thank kcocoluna
hotelier2510, Executive Consultant at The St. Regis Osaka, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
Dear Kcocoluna,

Greetings from The St. Regis Osaka.

We appreciate your kind comments and we hope that you recovered from your jet-lag.

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our facilties, had a great meal at La Veduta and hopefully tried a Shogun Mary, the St. Regis Osaka's Signature drink.

We are looking forward to your return visit - with kind regards

Gerhard R. E. Schmidt / EC
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Finally we got to the last hotel in Osaka - St Regis! I had been looking to staying in this hotel for long time, especially in the brand 'St Regis'. It was definitely not cheap which I paid around EUR250 per night but I thought it would be nice to treat my girlfriend better for the last night.
The hotel was right next to the train station which was quite easy to find. Arriving in the morning, the friendly staff helped us kept the bags for storage.
After shopping for a day, we returned to the hotel to check in. The hotel itself was a mix of modern and classic style which we quite like it. The reception was not on ground floor (6/F?). Since the staff was busy checking in other guests, we waited for around 15 min before we sit at the reception desk. The staff who checked us in was a Westerner so English was not a problem. I would expect him to be more enthusiatic but was overall fine.
The signature service in St Regis was the butler service. After we got to the room, the butler came to introduce himself as well as room features. It also offered us to have welcome tea, though he took a while to deliver it. We did ask him where the bank was before going out for dinner. By the time we came back, I saw there was a little hand written note to tell us where the bank was. Good follow up.
Also, there was towels twisted into two heart shapes placed on the desk as well as a box of chocolates for our special occasion.
The room was pretty with huge bed. The bathroom was also nicely done with TV by the bathtub. The only comment was the location of TV which was attached to the wall. Though it could be turned to different angle, it was not perfectly viewed from the bed.
A night was definitely not long enough to experience the hotel but I did have a very positive view towards the hotel.

• Stayed April 2012
3 Thank dabawing
Dear Rater,

Greetings from The St. Regis Osaka.

Thank you very much for staying with us.

We appreciate your kind comments and that you "Saved the best to the Last" - we hope your girlfriend enjoyed the facilities as much as you did.

We have noted the long wait when checking in and also the location of the TV in the Bedroom, please accept our apologies for those shortcomings - we will look into it and try to improve wherever possible.

Once again thank you very much - we are looking forward to your next visit to Osaka - and why looking around since you now know where the best is

Shanghai, China
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Loved it!
We were a bit concerned as travelling with 2 little kids in a 5-star place can make you worry about noise, accidents, etc.
But at the St. Regis we felt at home, albeit someone's wonderfully luxurious home!
Lobby area is really special, like arriving to someone's home, rooms are really great: spacious, comfortable, welcoming.... Loved them.
Breakfast was perfect: none of the never ending buffets choices of more and more. This is a short selection, but high quality.
Location is convenient, easy walk to Namba and close to anywhere by tube.
Service outstanding. I've travelled to Japan on business hundreds of times and have stayed at all the top notch Osaka and Tokyo hotels and I would rate the St. Regis as my favorite.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Cataluf F
hotelier2510, Manager at The St. Regis Osaka, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Dear Cataluf F,

Greetings from The St. Regis Osaka.

Your kind comments are very much appreciated and will be shared with the team.

We are happy to know that The St. Regis Osaka provided a Kids Friendly environment (No damage reported!!) and that you all enjoyed the ambience / facilities and that our High quality breakfast gave you all a good head start - to most probably, a visit to the Universal Studio Japan.

Since you have been to Tokyo and Osaka many times and both city do have so many great Hotels, we are very honored that you rate the St. Regis Osaka as your favorite.

Once again - thank you so much for your stay and comments - we are looking forward to welcome you back to Osaka and of course The St. Regis

california
Reviewed August 19, 2012

While on a 20 day vacation to Japan, my husband and I stayed 4 nights at the St.Regis, Osaka. During the second night, I accidentally threw my 2 carat diamond ring, and a Louis Vuitton wedding band in the garbage. Tired from a two day bike excursion in Kyoto, I was cleaning my rings and wrapped them in kleenex to dry them off. During the evening I had unwittingly mistaken it for garbage and threw them away. The next day, late in the afternoon, upon realizing what I had done, a phone call brought Minaminaka-san, chief housekeeper and Nakagawa- san, night manager to the room. The room had been cleaned approximately 8 hours earlier. The staff worked feverishly searching all of the hotel garbage for my rings. They went through the garbage twice until 30 hours after loosing my rings, they were presented to me still wrapped in the kleenex. I believe that only in Japan would people take such honor and responsibility in trying to retrieve an item that was lost in garbage. I cannot believe the fortitude, dedication and honesty exhibited by the staff of the St.Regis hotel. You can only imagine how I would have felt leaving Osaka and my rings behind. I know of no other place on earth where you can loose a diamond ring and have any hope of seeing it again. Needless to say, words cannot express my gratitude to their staff. I am so grateful and honored to have been a guest of the St.Regis, Osaka. The room ranked number one with me as far as amenities, size, style and comfort. I have gone to Japan every year for the past 6 years, and I have stayed at the Peninsula Tokyo, Park Hyatt Tokyo, Hotel Senjuan, Hyatt Hakone and other comparable hotels. The St. Regis Osaka ranks right up there as my number one choice. The location was easy to get there by train from the airport, and the subway was 2 minutes walk outside the hotel. In summary, the best of the best!
J.Speaks

Room Tip: Check out trip advisor, and the website of the actual hotel. Look at as many photos as possible, an...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank hatsume
hotelier2510, Manager at The St. Regis Osaka, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Dear J. Speaks
Thank you very much for your kind words - I remember the incident very well and urged our Housekeeping Associates to keep on looking - and as you said, they were able to retrieve your 2ct Diamond ring and I am sure it is now even more shiny and you will always remember the St. Regis Osaka - and as you said: "Only in Japan"
We are honored to have had you and your husband as guests and also that you put us into the same category as the Peninsula & Park Hyatt in Tokyo - we will do our utmost best to strive for excellence - and of course are looking forward to be able to welcome you back to Japan, Osaka and The St. Regis Osaka
EU
Reviewed August 7, 2012

4 nights Grand Deluxe Room

PROs:
Excellent location, in the middle of everything.
The rooms are a delight: large, luxurious with a modern feel, large bathrooms, dressing room, nice view over Osaka (even if Osaka's skyline is not really something to remember), everything you'd expect from this kind of establishment, yet even a bit more than that.
Service: top quality. Would like to thank the staff for the attitude and helpfulness, especially Mr.Cenk Atasayan at the front desk. We really felt welcome and valued at the St. Regis.
Elegant lobby at 12th floor flanked by a japanese garden.
Varied 24h room service menu.

CONs:
Not too many.
Atmosphere at the Lounge bar is maybe too formal.
Garden BBQ area closes very early.
A swimming pool would have been a nice addition.

When again in Osaka, we will definitely stay at the St. Regis.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank volrath
hotelier2510, Manager at The St. Regis Osaka, responded to this review, August 12, 2012
Dear Volrath,

Thank you very much for your kind comments we are very happy to know that you had a memorable experience and we are looking forward to welcome you back soon.

We have noted your comments about the St. Regis Bar being to formal and the Beer Garden closing to early - I will discuss the 2nd point with the Director of Food & Beverage to see if we can extend the operating hours.

Once again - we are grateful for your comments