“XEX West...INSANE. A highlight of my trip” 5 of 5 bubbles

Xex West
Ranked #704 of 28,264 Restaurants in Osaka
Cuisines: Italian, Japanese, Sushi
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Huntington Beach, California
“XEX West...INSANE. A highlight of my trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2011

Wow. I found this place looking for sushi in Osaka. I was a little skeptikal as I was lead to a highrise building. I made it up the elevator and as soon as I entered the Restaurant I was transformed into a different World. There was a swanky bar with a black man playing piano; singing. Japanese power couples sat and sipped on Whiskey. The hostess offered me a table or a seat at the dining bar with a personal chef. Hmmmm. So I meet my chef, order some quality sake and I'm shown two tasting menu options. I go for the splurge option. WOW. Every dish was made in front of me and explained in broken english. From becoming to end it was unbelievable. It ranks in my top 5 dining experiences ever. There was a sushi course but don't be fooled by the TA description. This IS Not a sushi restaurant. This place blew me away.

• Visited September 2010