“Clean and comfortable in Korea Town”
Review of Hiro's Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Osaka
Hiro's Guest House
Ranked #17 of 261 Specialty lodging in Osaka
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Although a little bit hard to find, the search for this guest house is definitely worth it. Hiro's Guest House is clean, quaint and comfortable. We stayed in one of the private tatami rooms and enjoyed every minute. Korea Town is colourful and the JR Line is nice and close. The worst part about staying here is choosing what to have for dinner each night! Hiro, you're a champ. :-)

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mitzi W
There are newer reviews for Hiro's Guest House

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Hiro knows how to run a business the way businesses are meant to be run. By treating the guests as you would treat your own family. Easy going, cordial, informative and welcoming, would be just a few choice words to describe the character of my host. I arrived in Koreatown with the purposeful intent of having a few tasty Korean meals. Also, I enjoyed my first time at Hiro's some months before that i decided why not come on back. I could not have imagined the treatment I was to receive! Upon arriving at Hiro'sHouse and being greeted by my host I learned that I would be the only guest for the night! It was a cold snowy Sunday in January and Ktown was fairly deserted. I thought, wow, cool my own guesthouse for the night:) We had a memorable chat about life and man's search for meaning. As my belly rumbled this signaled time for dinner. Hiro recommended a korean bbq restaurant that provides free 'ban chan' (side dishes) with the meal. Upon arriving at the place, I was immediately greeted by 4 strangers urging me to join them at their table. They knew my name! Who were these people? Had I met them before? In broken English they explained that I was to be their guest. (Hiro had called them up and said I would be coming) It was like a surprise party for little ole me! They in turn had then called their friends and so the party grew to about 7 people. Then, Hiro walks through the door to join the dinner party! Wow, this is a good time, i thought! Food was amazing. Price was right. Company was amazing! Hiro was my private accomodation and social organizer for the night! When I thanked him at the dinner for this fine arrangment, he modestly explained that he just wanted me to feel welcomed and to learn about his neighborhood, the people, the shops, the food and the atmosphere. I learned that he was not in this business to get rich. He just wanted to give back to his community and to introduce foreigners/tourists to this unique neighborhood that holds a deep and tender history to the zainichi (korean japanese) people. Of course, the night didn't end there... A small pack of us went to another after hours place for beer and spirited amusement making! An exceptional night! When I arrived back to the gueshouse, Hiro had left behind a kind handwritten note thanking me for my stay and hoping I'd had a fun time. There were some snacks and a goodnight soju smiling back at me:) I slept like a prince. I reccomend Hiro's place obviously for the value and warmhearted treatment. But more importantly, here you can receive the exposure to a thriving culture and an amazing neighborhood under the guidance of a local son who just wants to give a little something back.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank sean t
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Hiro's guest house is located in the heart of korean town so it is an awesome location if you love Korean food. It is only about a 10 minute walk from the JR train station. The rooms and facilities were very clean and had a nice "home" touch to it. Good for big groups (up to eight). The beds in the dorm room were very comfortable. Heaters were provided in each room so we didn't have to worry about the cold November chill. Don't speak Japanese? NO PROBLEM! Hiro, the owner, speaks English and is super welcoming and recommends the best places to eat around the area. There is free wifi, computers available, and no curfew.. SUPER convenient. My friends and I HIGHLY recommend travelers to stay at Hiro's. You can't get any better for a price like his!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Annie T
Reviewed November 4, 2012

The guest house is situated in the heart of Osaka's Korea Town, which is a buzzing and thriving community a 10 minute walk from the nearest metro stop.

Hiro is a wonderful host, who goes out of his way to help and make you feel at home. He knows all the best places to eat and has a fridge full of Shochu, should you get thirsty! We couldn't have asked for more and will definitely stay at Hiro's Guest House next time we're in Osaka.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sajni S
Reviewed September 13, 2012

We stayed in a private room. The location was very far from the centre. Generally clean but very noisy outside. It is possible to find a nicer accomodation for the same price if wanting a private room but good for large groups. Owner is really nice and there are some great restaurants nearby and people around the neighbour were always smiling. The value for money was just not so great!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jasmin s
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Stayed here for two nights in July. We stayed in the private room on the third floor, which had air conditioning, WIFI and comfortable bedding.
As you can probably already tell from the reviews here, in person Hiro is of the friendliest, most poilite and helpful people you can meet, which in Japan is saying something. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would highly recommend to anyone considering a stay in Osaka.
Oh, and if you are in Osaka, make sure you go to the Aquarium, probably the best in the world.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 10, 2012

This was the first guest house I saw listed online and the first and only one that I contacted...and I'm glad I did. First off, Hiro (Manager and Proprietor) waited up for me when I got arrive late the first night (around 23:00) and made sure I got settled comfortably. The dorm rooms there are spacious, clean, and the beds are new and comfortable. Some of the dorm rooms have curtain dividers, which is nice for some privacy. I also stayed in the private room one night, which was huge and worth the extra money if you can reserve it. In the dorm area, there is a nice TV area with couches (other dorm style hostels in Japan don't have this). Hiro's is set in the Korean Town section of Osaka, giving you immediate access to both delicious Korean and Japanese food, which Hiro helped me find and order. The best part about Hiro's is the first floor Cafe, opened to the public during the day, and everyday had a perfect amount of locals coming for coffee, beer, and food. The hostel is a 10-15 minute walk from the Tsuruhashi JR and Subway station stops. Definitely stay here!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo