“Good hotel in Osaka”

Ranked #114 of 303 Hotels / Ryokan in Osaka
Brussels
“Good hotel in Osaka”
Reviewed February 13, 2011

We have chosen this hotel because quite cheap and situated near a good area.
Anyway, we had a lot of difficult in finding the hotel and also the following times we have some difficult, all the streets were similar.
Anyway, the stay was fine and there were also some facilities (free internet point, a laundry room, etc.).
Because we were lodging in the hotel we had a reduction in the restaurant of the hotel (a little priced anyway).
The breakfast was not included in the fare and so we had breakfast in one of the cafes near the hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
London
Reviewed January 30, 2011

I stayed at the Chisun Inn for a full week. I booked on Agoda, where the images of the room looked nice and bright. When I checked in I was unhappy to see that the one window in our room was facing an alleyway and was thickly frosted glass so the room was incredibly dark, which made its small size even more claustrophobic. The window also didn't open, which meant no fresh air and that we would have to live with the strong smell of the air freshener the cleaners used.

When we asked if there was another room with some natural light that we could move to, we were told that it would cost extra. Apparently none of their standard rooms have any light and none of the rooms in the hotel have windows that open at all.

Although complimentary internet is provided, it is incredibly slow to the point that it is almost unusable. Sometimes it stops working entirely - when I enquired to the front desk about this, I was told that if a lot of guests are using it at once, sometimes it will stop working.

My last complaint - after staying a week, we asked if we could arrange for late check out because our flight didn't leave until almost midnight. I should note that by late checkout, I wanted to be able to check out at noon, instead of at 10 am. I was told that it would cost me 1,000 Yen an hour for every extra hour I wanted to stay - or 2,000 Yen to check out at noon. I found this kind of unreasonable given that the hotel wasn't full and we'd stayed for a full week. I've stayed in better hotels that are far more flexible and service oriented.

The good things? It is very clean, the bed is very comfortable and is a genuine double, which is not always the case in Japan. The hotel is also very conveniently located, just down the street from the Shinsaibashi mall and within easy walking distance to the underground and many other attractions. It's also relatively affordable for Osaka. In this case, you get what you pay for.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Amy T
Sweden
Reviewed December 5, 2010

Nice and clean hotel with simple rooms. Nothing special, but absolutely fine!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple