“Vegetarian and Carnivore happiness”

GYOZAOH! Dotonbori Store
Ranked #14 of 38,519 Restaurants in Osaka
Description: The king of Speciality Gyoza “GyozaOH!” This long-established gyoza restaurant has a history of over 50 years. Once you try it, you can’t help eating.
Reviewed November 4, 2018

After being on our trip for a while around Asia - arguments were starting to occur. I wanted vegetarian food (which generally meant western offerings) and my husband wanted to try the local food. Gyozaoh restored peace and harmony to our trip - catering for both.

The guys who run this restaurant speak really good English and have English menus. If you are vegetarian, check which things you can have - as some things sound vegetarian but have chicken stock etc. There were other things that I could have that weren't on the menu too - like the vegetarian Gyoza.

The food was fantastic, great atmosphere and good value. Would have eaten here again if we were staying longer.

2  Thank gadaboutLondon

Reviewed November 3, 2018 via mobile

Was looking for fast, delicious food close to our hotel. Saw this on trip advisor. The gioza were excellent. The staff was great and spoke English well. The sake and beer hit the spot.

Date of visit: November 2018
1  Thank X8998ZSdanielk
Reviewed October 26, 2018 via mobile

Try the gyoza with salt, the fried gyoza and the boiled ones.
It is madness, I still can remember how good these were.
If I return to Osaka, I would definitively return to this restaurant.

2  Thank 329oliviera
Reviewed October 21, 2018

I've read that this is some really mind blowing gyoza. Mind wasn't blown, maybe gently caressed by a breeze.

It was good, yummy Gyoza, but not the best I've tasted. Generally everything on the menu was done well. So a good enjoyable meal in downtown dotonbori. The staff were friendly and accommodating.

Be warned that there is a private room at the back on the first floor which allows smoking. We had a young child with us, and the smoke was wafting through for a while. This is common throughout Japan.

2  Thank i1aan
Reviewed October 20, 2018

Delicious gyoza, super cheap, awesome drinks. The highlight was the wait staff though. Incredibly friendly - made me feel like a regular even though I was just a tourist

Date of visit: June 2018