J-Hoppers Osaka Guesthouse
$196
$79
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfukushima stationperson dormprivate roomshower room and toiletfavourite hostelcommunal areasno liftfree tea and coffeerooms are cleanrapid serviceless than a minute walkshared bathroomjr loop linestayed here for one nightvery pleasant staydirect trainconvenient location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Based solely on accommodations, I would give the J-Hoppers Osaka a 4. The neighborhood is nice, with plenty of little places to eat and shop, and it's right next to the Fukushima stop on the JR Osaka Loop. The room was clean and spacious, even if the beds were rather uncomfortable (but not so out of the hostel expectation). There were plenty of toilets and showers, and free wifi and computer use in the basement.

The service is what pushed it to a 5. Three examples: first, I wanted to see a bunraku play, but the tickets were sold out. While I eventually gave up on seeing the play, the staff were knowledgeable and helpful in finding out how to contact the theater and possibly get some sort of rush ticket. Second, they hold various events designed to take you around Osaka and get an experience no tour guide will ever give you, such as a weekly pub crawl and traditional Japanese art class. Third, a friend left one of her souvenirs at a shop. The staff called the shop, had the souvenir shipped to the hostel, and shipped it to her home in Hong Kong.

Stay at J-Hoppers Osaka and you will have a fantastic time.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights. It's close to fukushima station(jr loopline), 7-eleven and around J-Hoppers you can find alot of restaurants (some have an english menu).

The Staff is really helpfull, as they know alot about Osaka, but also profite information about the cities around osaka. They really want to help you to have a good stay!

We had a twin room, a bunkbed, desk, 2 chairs, ac, mirror, slighting door. The downside of jh is the price. Twinroom is 3000 yen a person (so times 2 if you're a couple), a double room is 2800yen a person and a dorm which is 2500Yen a person.

Overall a lovely place to meet people and to learn the culture!

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We LOVED our 4 nights at JHoppers in Osaka! The room was very comfortable and there was plenty of room for our bags (which we can't say about most hotels and hostels we stayed at). The staff was amazing, so incredibly helpful, and like all hostels, they had tons of information on the walls about where to go, what to see, etc. They have tons of books with information about many areas in Japan, not just Osaka.

The hostel itself is on a really cool street and literally a 4 minute walk from the subway, which is really important. There is a 7-Eleven 2 buildings away, which is really convenient. They have 4 computers, a nice kitchen, lots of showers, and even one bathtub!

We really enjoyed everything about our stay (we had a 1-year-old baby with us) and will DEFINITELY go there again if we are in Osaka again.

Room Tip: No elevator, so I wouldn't want to be higher than the third floor.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Firstly communication via email from the hostel was excellent. I had plenty of information and because of this, I found the hostel without getting lost. The Hostel itself was in a good location and is close to the local subway and other bars and restaurants. Upon check-in a nice lady gave me lots of information and advised me on my days sightseeing. After exploring Osaka I came back and got settled in my room. The room was small but this was Japan after all. My bed was comfy & clean. The showers was also good and seemed very clean.

The lounge area again was small but apart from that it was good enough to meet other people and have a good time. I used the free usage of the PC's downstairs which was great for sending emails to family back home. I checked out super early so I didn't say goodbye officially to the helpful friendly staff at J-Hoppers but I will defiantly recommend this hostel to everyone coming to Osaka.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 13, 2013

modern, clean and comfortable. The rooms are spacious compared to a lot of places in Japan. Nice happy atmosphere and loads of information on what to do in the area, how to get there, discounts etc etc etc. You can also rent bikes for 500 yen. They also have social gatherings like the international exchange parties on Fridays where we met loads of people and on Sunday Mr Yano takes you on a drinking tour! 1 minute walk from station and close to all other facilities. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple