Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Minutes walk from Fukushima Station, if you are lost, just pop in the convenient store outside of the station and ask their staff. I was given direction by a friendly staff working at the convenient store, he used a local map with all the shop and venue names in the area. Our room is on the 5th floor of the building. Without elevator, we had to carry our luggage and climbed up the steepy stairs... not a good experience when you arrive at 9.30pm, sweating and tired. (it was in July) However I was amazed by the surrounding local bars and restaurants! You can have a food safari there, just drop in any bar, have a pint of Nama Biru and some skewers, I care elevator no more. :)

Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank n7_luvsneko
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Stayed Dec 12-14

My friend and I stayed in a private twin room which was one of the more spacious private rooms we stayed in the whole trip. No complaints about the hostel. Great value for money. It was always kept in tip top condition (although we found that the whole of Japan seemed to be this way) and staff are friendly and helpful for tips etc.

There's also a J-Hoppers stamp card (for each person) that is given to you to accumulate discounts so worth staying in if you are staying in the J-Hoppers chain.

Easy walk to Fukushima station (which also has a direct train to/from the airport for 1150Yen) and it's approx 120Yen for a train to Osaka from there.

Wifi, heating/aircon, clean sheets, clean bathrooms and awesome showers.

Date of stay: December 2012
Reviewed November 1, 2012

You will not get rooms for this price at this location in Osaka. J Hoppers is located right next to JR Fukushima Stn, but is also an easy 15 min walk to JR Osaka Stn itself. The walk is mainly underground too (keep a lookout for the entrance escalators that bring you underground), so you are sheltered from the elements.

The hostel itself is not as new as ones in Kyoto or Tokyo, the corridors are incredibly steep and narrow, but that is characteristic of Japan. The staff are quite friendly and cleanliness is excellent.

Pros: Very clean, supermarket next door, restaurants nearby, close to Osaka Stn
Cons:

Cons: The building itself is a bit older, 15 mins walk to Osaka Stn may be far for some (*but you can take the train from Fukushima Stn which is a 2-3 mins ride and fully covered by JR pass).

Room tip: I stayed in two of their 'double' rooms. The 'normal' double room is probably as small as you want to go if you and your partner are tall. The 'economy' double room which has a slightly narrower bed was ok for me and my partner, because we are both very small and it was winter so we could huddle.
Date of stay: February 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank Tsubaki S
Reviewed October 3, 2012

J-Hoppers was a perfect place for my husband and I who are travelling about Japan for our honeymoon. To keep expenses down we are staying is hostels. J-Hoppers Osaka is easy to get to, has wonderful staff (yes, even the famous Mr. Yano, the most enthusiastic and odd tour guide you`ll ever meet). Our room was also a great place to crash and sleep. I really recommend this place for anyone visiting Japan, whether you`re new to the experience or not!

Room tip: There is a 1000 yen safety deposit but they accept foreign master cards as you will have to pay for your stay when you arrive.
Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2012

This guess house is located a few minutes walk from the fukushima station which is on the JR city loop which is handy. When coming in by Shinkansen you have to change twice. But there directions are really easy to follow.

The staff are friendly and speak great English. You feel like your staying in someones home more then a hostel. It's nice and relaxed. The rooms are clean and the beds comfy and I love the curtains!

Only downside is the steep stairs. Not sure how I'm getting my pack down... Throw it perhaps! Lol. but it's japanese I guess.

Osaka is a big city. I would recommend just day tripping from Kyoto to see it. Unless you particularly want to see something. It is a really clean and glistening place with lots of shopping available.

Date of stay: September 2012