See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 12, 2016

I only stayed here for a night, location-wise it's near Tennoji station, (takes a while to find this place if you don't have mobile data) but the bed was not very comfortable to sleep in, and the room had a really horrible smell. Bed was full of hair, don't think the rooms are cleaned regularly. I think the hostel was situated near some love hotels? Photos showed that the beds had curtains for privacy, but it's not fully covered.

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank sandratR7619UJ
Reviewed March 26, 2016 via mobile

This place is hard to find and a bit run down, but clean. Many people there seemed to be long-term guests. The facilities and beds are alright. It's good enough for a short time, but there are better alternatives for the same price in Osaka.

Date of stay: March 2016
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed December 12, 2015 via mobile

I stay in Showa for less than 3 weeks and I felt more like at home than in a hostel.Such a friendly atmosphere and all the guests and the staff became like one big family!
If anyone has a problem with the location navigate!!!Location is in a pretty interesting area and perfect for backpackers.Highly recommend!

Date of stay: December 2015
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed September 18, 2015

We didn't find too difficult to find it. I mean it's not easy to navigate in Japan but it wasn't extra hard to get there. It located close enough to the subway stations, about 7 mins by walk. The area is a little bit scary at night when homeless people are laying on the street.
The room was OK, but not too comfortable. We found it too small. Hosts was nice and kind anytime we ask informations. Bathrooms were a little bit dirty.
Good for backpackers, but nothing else.

Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 15, 2015

Do not stay here. I have stayed in 2 other hostels during our visit in Japan and this one PALES in comparison in so many levels.

Location is hard to find, no clear directions in their website.
Linens were suspect as I had a coughing fit all night.
Poorly maintained showers (and I am using nice words here)
The showers and toilet is by the common room which is super awkward
You don't know who is the staff and who is not
Cannot use the kitchen at specific times

I do not have a problem with silence because all the other hostels have a silence rule at 10pm or so but here, you even have to WALK LIKE A NINJA because apparently their neighbour complains and cannot sleep! I mean, you go backpacking because you want to meet new people but if you can't even talk to them, then what is the point of this hostel? Furthermore, it seems that this hostel's primary business is not for hostel business because we noticed that there were some permanent guests who were students.

This review got 2 stars because of Fifi- the girl who took care of us. She moved us to a private room from the mixed dorm rooms because of our bags. She was the only friendly face in the entire place. Everyone else looks so gloomy. So much thanks to her because SHE made our stay bearable.

Overall: STAY AWAY!!!!!

Date of stay: July 2015