Hotel Brighton City Osaka Kitahama
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewskitahama stationbusiness districtfresco supermarketlunch boxsakaisuji linesubway mapbrown lineminute walkquiet arealaundry machinesmodern hotelconvenience storenice bathroomcome homejapanese standardsbath and showermos burger
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 20, 2011

The hotel is super clean and comfortable to stay. It's near Nakanoshima Park. Only takes 5 min by walking. Also, very close to subway station. It's only one block away.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2010

Positives: super modern, really awesome washroom..the nicest I have had in a hotel, very nice architecture and interior design, very close to metro, across from a Lawsons and 7-11, curtains block out sunlight, bigger than other Japanese hotels I've stayed in, price is decent by Japanese standards.

Negatives: Though I said the price was decent, I think it still could be a bit cheaper as it is sort of in the middle of nowhere, but the metro is close so that never really matters to me. My room was facing an office building. The staff was not very helpful. They were never busy yet I got the feeling that they were not genuinely willing to help especially when we were trying to arrange transportation to the airport; however, this might have been a language barrier issue.

The area is super quiet and I'm not sure there are any other hotels in the area. I still feel though that because of the interior design and how beautiful the washroom was, I would want to stay here again. I only stayed 2 nights though, so I never got a good feel of how the hotel was.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gobee84
Reviewed October 19, 2010

My partner and I stayed at the Brighton City Osaka for 6 nights and we couldn't recommend it enough! The staff where fantastic whether they could speak english or not. If they couldn't speak english (or fully understand my bad Japanese) they went above and beyond until they helped us. The rooms where very clean, the beds where great! (some may find them hard but they where great for my back) and the large shower + bath where great t sink into after a long day. Conveniently located 2mins from Kitahama Subway station, its not hard at all to get around Osaka, or make a trip out to Kyoto or Nara. There are some great restaurants close by if you don't feel like going to far for a meal - an excellent Yakitori place called 'Torikizoku' where everything is 280 Yen, or try 'Mos Burger' for an excellent Japanese Burger (they are highly addictive!)

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 10, 2010

We loved our stay here. It was a great change from our super small hotel in Kyoto. The minimalist decor suited our taste perfectly. Having said that, though, it's not the most convenient place to stay if you're travelling with young kids. It's not that far but it took a couple of line switches to get to the shopping district of Umeda and Namba. Good thing our ten year old was a trooper and walking around a lot was not a problem for her. I can imagine this to be a hassle for people who want to be within 5 minutes of the main shopping district, though. On the plus side, the surroundings were great. It's in the middle of an office district but it's green and very pretty. The small coffee shop of the hotel is wonderful, too! All in all, this hotel was a great oasis for our tired and aching bodies at the end of a long day walking around Osaka.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 14, 2010

It was such a pleasant time staying here (for 4 days)

1. The room was very clean and nice, very well equipped. There is Free internet in the room and in the lobby. Room rate was very reasonable for such room like this in Osaka.
Enjoyed walk in shower very much ( most of the japanese bath style) !

2. Location of this hotel is very good. Only a few steps from Kitahama subway station. Bear in mind that the Exit 4 has escalators and/or lift.

3. Hotel in general is clean. Their restaurant is quite expensive. You can have a breakfast by adding 1000yen and the portion is not so big. There is a coffee shop opposite the station which can give you equal quality of food wtih half of the price.

After all, good choice and definately suit anyone.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business