“Very comfortable hotel near subway”

Hotel Brighton City Osaka Kitahama
Ranked #11 of 339 Hotels / Ryokan in Osaka
Reviewed May 3, 2011

This hotel is situated near a local subway station - but not a major line.

Rooms are of high quality and very comfortable with excellent amenities. Twin rooms have both beds pushed together. Internet is free from a data port (i.e. not WIFI - like most hotels in Japan).

If travelling from the airport, negotiating the subway network can be tricky to get to this hotel. The best method is get the subway station Yodoyabashi (rather than the Kitahama station) and walk about 5 small city blocks. Takes about 15 minutes. Kitahama is about 1 minute walk from hotel, but you need to do multiple train line changes to use that station.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 23, 2011

I've been staying in this hotel for nearly 7 nights now during my travel in Japan. Tonight is my last night. I booked this hotel from expedia.com and got special rates. My room which is a superior single room is excellent. It's pretty spacious for a hotel room in Japan. The bed is bigger than average single bed with two very comfy and very fluffy pillows. There is a big desk next to the bed in which I can plug in my laptop and access everything through a fast speed LAN internet, the hotel even provides the LAN cable for free.
A 500ml water is also provided for free by the hotel every day and every morning there will be a new English newspaper available for me for free as well.
The bathroom is sparkling clean with new towels and amenities re-supplied in daily basis. It has a bathtub and separate shower side by side. The water pressure of the shower head is excellent. The only downside is you have to walk all the way to Yodoyabashi subway station if you want to go to Osaka entertainment/shopping areas such as Shinsaibashi, Namba or Umeda. The Kitahama subway station is nearby but that station doesn't go direct to Shinsaibashi, Namba/Umeda. But I still like coming home to this hotel every night as the area around the hotel is very peaceful so I can get really good night rests.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed February 25, 2011

We had to spend 2 days in Osaka so we tried to book the most advantageous (and cheap) hotels.
Brighton hotel Kitahama is a great value hotel, with good location (really close to the subway, the metro line going through hot spots).
The rooms are clean, but small; and we could understand why the room, stated "twin", has two adjacent beds. You have around 4-5 cm between the beds, which is more than annoying if you're someone who wants his/ehr personal space.
The TV had a weird position and was situated not in front of the beds but at the right.
We did not try the breakfast which was way too expansive (1230 yen/pax!!). The staff speaks below average english, and were not really helpful when we asked them for some local restaurants in Osaka. They, however, provide newspapers in english every morning.
Otherwise, the room had all the amenities needed, was very clean, and we can say Brighton Hotel is a really great hotel for business purposes and for leisure travellers who are in average budget but who do not want to stay in a hostel.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Eren O
Reviewed January 20, 2011

The hotel is super clean and comfortable to stay. It's near Nakanoshima Park. Only takes 5 min by walking. Also, very close to subway station. It's only one block away.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2010

Positives: super modern, really awesome washroom..the nicest I have had in a hotel, very nice architecture and interior design, very close to metro, across from a Lawsons and 7-11, curtains block out sunlight, bigger than other Japanese hotels I've stayed in, price is decent by Japanese standards.

Negatives: Though I said the price was decent, I think it still could be a bit cheaper as it is sort of in the middle of nowhere, but the metro is close so that never really matters to me. My room was facing an office building. The staff was not very helpful. They were never busy yet I got the feeling that they were not genuinely willing to help especially when we were trying to arrange transportation to the airport; however, this might have been a language barrier issue.

The area is super quiet and I'm not sure there are any other hotels in the area. I still feel though that because of the interior design and how beautiful the washroom was, I would want to stay here again. I only stayed 2 nights though, so I never got a good feel of how the hotel was.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gobee84
Reviewed October 19, 2010

My partner and I stayed at the Brighton City Osaka for 6 nights and we couldn't recommend it enough! The staff where fantastic whether they could speak english or not. If they couldn't speak english (or fully understand my bad Japanese) they went above and beyond until they helped us. The rooms where very clean, the beds where great! (some may find them hard but they where great for my back) and the large shower + bath where great t sink into after a long day. Conveniently located 2mins from Kitahama Subway station, its not hard at all to get around Osaka, or make a trip out to Kyoto or Nara. There are some great restaurants close by if you don't feel like going to far for a meal - an excellent Yakitori place called 'Torikizoku' where everything is 280 Yen, or try 'Mos Burger' for an excellent Japanese Burger (they are highly addictive!)

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 10, 2010

We loved our stay here. It was a great change from our super small hotel in Kyoto. The minimalist decor suited our taste perfectly. Having said that, though, it's not the most convenient place to stay if you're travelling with young kids. It's not that far but it took a couple of line switches to get to the shopping district of Umeda and Namba. Good thing our ten year old was a trooper and walking around a lot was not a problem for her. I can imagine this to be a hassle for people who want to be within 5 minutes of the main shopping district, though. On the plus side, the surroundings were great. It's in the middle of an office district but it's green and very pretty. The small coffee shop of the hotel is wonderful, too! All in all, this hotel was a great oasis for our tired and aching bodies at the end of a long day walking around Osaka.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family