“Highly recommended”

Shin-Osaka Station Hotel
Ranked #98 of 339 Hotels / Ryokan in Osaka
Reviewed January 25, 2014

We stayed at the hotel last week and would recommend it to anyone who is visiting Osaka who is looking for a hotel in this price range. It is within walking distance of the Shin Osaka station across an overhead bridge, and although our room overlooked the railway tracks the noise from trains was insignificant.

Reception staff are efficient and friendly, and the lobby sitting area is warm and overlooks a small garden. Wifi is free in the lobby and there are also a couple of computers available to use free of charge, as well as coin operated washing machines and dryers in a nearby area.

The room we had on the 5th floor was a twin and typically for Japanese hotel rooms, quite small. It was however spotlessly clean with amenities such as TV, high speed wired internet (free), fridge, razors, toothbrush, shampoo, conditioner and body wash. Beds were comfortable and warm, and the shower hot and with good pressure. I think sitting on the loo could be tricky for someone who was tall, unless the bathroom door was left open!

Included breakfast, either Japanese or Western was fine, with boiled eggs (cold) little sausages, salad, sandwiches, juice, toast and tea or coffee.

For the price this hotel represents good value with clean, well maintained and warm rooms, free wifi and convenient access to the JR and Shinkansen lines, with the added bonus of friendly and efficient staff.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 50andout
sthotel_osaka, フロント オフィス マネージャー at Shin-Osaka Station Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Thank you for your stay at our hotel.
We are very glad to read your comment.
We think it important to provide all our guests clean and comfortable rooms with friendly and homely service, so we are very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay here.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

The hotel is located about 200m away from the JR station. Personally, the walk to the hotel can be a bit quiet especially at night, business is closed at the shops along the street.

I was staying this hotel for 3 nights and walked to buy my supper at the only 24hr Song Wu eatery located opposite the JR station, otherwise I would be hungry through the night. I could not find any convenience store nearby except at the train station itself. Hence, if you were to stay here, please remember to stock up your supplies from the train station first. Similarly, have a proper meal before returning to this hotel.

There is no air cond in the room as there is only heater. I opened up the window to let the cold air in as the temperature at night was probably from 7 to 14 degree. I slept well with the natural "air cond"!

The breakfast is surprising within my expectation. You will get to choose from 2 menu - japanese or western.

Oh, as there is washing machine and dryer, I took the opportunity to wash and dry up my clothes.

Overall, I may not choose this hotel again due to its distance from the train station as well as its lack of convenience or food stores.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank VLKJ
sthotel_osaka, フロント オフィス マネージャー at Shin-Osaka Station Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Thank you for your stay at our hotel.
Our hotel is in Shin Osaka, the business area of Osaka, so there are not many shops and restaurants nearby.
We are sorry that you felt inconvinience about searching for the restaurants and convenience stores.
As for the air conditioner in the room, you can adjust the wind speed only, so it is true that some of the guests feel uncomfortable.
The comments and opinions from the guests are very important for us to improve our hotel service.
Thank you very much again for your comment.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

This hotel treats the guest well, and the room was fine. I have a couple of small complaints.

First, it's a little less convenient and a little further away from the station than what I think of as a station hotel. Don't expect to exit the station and see the hotel before you. Get directions, and be prepared to walk (and perhaps scratch your head) a bit.

Second, upon check-in, staff casually pointed me in the direction of the Annex where i was staying. There's a big enough sign that tells you you have to use your key to enter the building; but I somehow missed it and wandered around the premises for a few minutes. Staff wasn't rude when I needed further direction, but neither were they apologetic.

Neither of these points should be disqualifying. I got off on a bad foot telling them (wrongly) I had paid for one night, so maybe I wasn't their favorite guest. And if I recall correctly, they made a special effort to provide instructions in English for everything, something business hotels in Japan don't always do. They also gave me free use of an umbrella for the day.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Bob S
sthotel_osaka, フロント オフィス マネージャー at Shin-Osaka Station Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Thank you for staying at our hotel.
The opinions or the suggestion from our guests are very important to improve our hotel service, so we greatly appreciate your comment on our hotel.
When you have a chance to come to Japan again, we are happy if you choose our hotel again.
We will try our best for your comfortable stay next time.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

I stayed in this hotel this summer with my family for our visit to Osaka,Kyoto area because it was close to the shinkansen station . The hotel room was very clean and the hotel staff was very polite and helpful. They went out of their way to give us more information about this area.The breakfast was also very enjoyable with a choice of Western or Japanese style. Their hospitality definitely added pleasure to my two week Japan trip. This is the place I will come back if I visit Osaka again..

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank EdWu3999
sthotel_osaka, フロント オフィス マネージャー at Shin-Osaka Station Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Thank you for staying at our hotel.
We are always making a effort to provide the guests clean roon and healthy handmade breakfast with hospitality, so we are very glad to know that you enjoyed your stay here.
If you have a chance to come back to Japan, please stay here again.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

This hotel was recommended by our travel agent for our large primary school group this September. I was staying there with quite a number of students and I couldn't find the hotel staff more helpful and understanding. In saying that, I would have no hesitation staying at this hotel as a single female traveller or with my husband. He also stayed with us as part of the large group. I had a ladies room on one floor and he was with male staff in another area.
My room was delightful. I had enough space to set out my luggage on the rack, unpack into an open cupboad. The towels and toiletries were refreshed daily, including the lovely lavender sachet each evening. I could choose a different aromatic oil for my room oil diffuser (ladies rooms only) and there was a fresh carnation every day. The little white folder paper crane was a cute addition. All the items you might require were also available in the foyer for no cost (toothbrush etc). My room was well ventilated and the aircon was great. The TV had BBC world and then the usual Japanese channels. I loved my little table and chair and the coffee boiler was very handy.
The hotel is an easy walk from the East Gate at Shin Osaka and I would say a safe walk.The breakfast in the hotel was held in a light and airy dining room on the ground floor.
When you arrived at the hotel after a busy day out sightseeing, hot minted towelettes and cooling green tea were on offer in the reception area, along with free WiFi. A bonus for our group was that we could weigh all our suitcase on the luggage scale that was provided.
It was a great place for the students to feel safe, and I would not hesitate to stay there if I was in Osaka again.

Room Tip: The ladies rooms are the best.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank pippybeach2013
sthotel_osaka, フロント オフィス マネージャー at Shin-Osaka Station Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Thank you for staying at our hotel.
We are very glad to know that you enjoyed staying at our hotel.
Our hotel's motto is to provide 'Relief', 'Safety', and 'Cleanliness' to all guests with hospitality.
We will try our best so that all guests can have a confortable stay here.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

True indeed, the hotel is VERY near to Shin-Osaka station (about 5 mins walk away from East Exit). It allows me to go to any other parts of Kansai area easily.
Stayed here for a whooping 7 nights~
Although it was July, the aircon in the room is sufficient to keep us cool and comfortable. And it is a simple hotel, with just the room and breakfast provided.
The staff is very friendly and attempted their very best to communicate with non-Japanese speaking tourists like myself and my family.
The amenities provided are thoughtful and their shampoo/body gel is very fragrance! The best part of the stay is the shower at the end of a tiring day. And ladies get a pack of facial oil, moisturizer and whatnot.
Very satisfied with the stay here.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Mindy_Ooi
sthotel_osaka, フロント オフィス マネージャー at Shin-Osaka Station Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Dear the guest,

Thank you for your staying at our hotel.
We are very glad to read your comments.
We wish the guest feel comfortable and warmth of the staff at our hotel.
We welcome with the feeling of thanks every day.
If you have a chance to come to Osaka, we are looking foward to seeing you again.

Sincerly,

The front office manager Miyuki Kawamura

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Close to train station, great breakfast. I love the different options we had for breakfast. Japanese and Western breakfasts are both really good. They were very friendly and I got a cute birthday present which was a nice surprise! :) very happy with the stay here.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank travelhappy1919

Dear the guest,

Thank you for your staying at our hotel and your comments.
We are very glad to read your comments.
We wish you had good time and memories in Japan.
We have a small gift to the guest who is a birthday in a month.
When you come back and visit to Osaka,please stay at our hotel again.

Sincerly,