“Excellent Value and Service”

Shin-Osaka Station Hotel
Ranked #98 of 339 Hotels / Ryokan in Osaka
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I stayed in this hotel this summer with my family for our visit to Osaka,Kyoto area because it was close to the shinkansen station . The hotel room was very clean and the hotel staff was very polite and helpful. They went out of their way to give us more information about this area.The breakfast was also very enjoyable with a choice of Western or Japanese style. Their hospitality definitely added pleasure to my two week Japan trip. This is the place I will come back if I visit Osaka again..

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank EdWu3999
sthotel_osaka, フロント オフィス マネージャー at Shin-Osaka Station Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Thank you for staying at our hotel.
We are always making a effort to provide the guests clean roon and healthy handmade breakfast with hospitality, so we are very glad to know that you enjoyed your stay here.
If you have a chance to come back to Japan, please stay here again.
We are looking forward to seeing you again someday.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

This hotel was recommended by our travel agent for our large primary school group this September. I was staying there with quite a number of students and I couldn't find the hotel staff more helpful and understanding. In saying that, I would have no hesitation staying at this hotel as a single female traveller or with my husband. He also stayed with us as part of the large group. I had a ladies room on one floor and he was with male staff in another area.
My room was delightful. I had enough space to set out my luggage on the rack, unpack into an open cupboad. The towels and toiletries were refreshed daily, including the lovely lavender sachet each evening. I could choose a different aromatic oil for my room oil diffuser (ladies rooms only) and there was a fresh carnation every day. The little white folder paper crane was a cute addition. All the items you might require were also available in the foyer for no cost (toothbrush etc). My room was well ventilated and the aircon was great. The TV had BBC world and then the usual Japanese channels. I loved my little table and chair and the coffee boiler was very handy.
The hotel is an easy walk from the East Gate at Shin Osaka and I would say a safe walk.The breakfast in the hotel was held in a light and airy dining room on the ground floor.
When you arrived at the hotel after a busy day out sightseeing, hot minted towelettes and cooling green tea were on offer in the reception area, along with free WiFi. A bonus for our group was that we could weigh all our suitcase on the luggage scale that was provided.
It was a great place for the students to feel safe, and I would not hesitate to stay there if I was in Osaka again.

Room Tip: The ladies rooms are the best.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank pippybeach2013
sthotel_osaka, フロント オフィス マネージャー at Shin-Osaka Station Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Thank you for staying at our hotel.
We are very glad to know that you enjoyed staying at our hotel.
Our hotel's motto is to provide 'Relief', 'Safety', and 'Cleanliness' to all guests with hospitality.
We will try our best so that all guests can have a confortable stay here.
We are looking forward to seeing you again someday.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

True indeed, the hotel is VERY near to Shin-Osaka station (about 5 mins walk away from East Exit). It allows me to go to any other parts of Kansai area easily.
Stayed here for a whooping 7 nights~
Although it was July, the aircon in the room is sufficient to keep us cool and comfortable. And it is a simple hotel, with just the room and breakfast provided.
The staff is very friendly and attempted their very best to communicate with non-Japanese speaking tourists like myself and my family.
The amenities provided are thoughtful and their shampoo/body gel is very fragrance! The best part of the stay is the shower at the end of a tiring day. And ladies get a pack of facial oil, moisturizer and whatnot.
Very satisfied with the stay here.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Mindy_Ooi
sthotel_osaka, フロント オフィス マネージャー at Shin-Osaka Station Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Thank you for your staying at our hotel.
We are very glad to read your comments.
We wish the guest feel comfortable and warmth of the staff at our hotel.
We welcome with the feeling of thanks every day.
If you have a chance to come to Osaka, we are looking foward to seeing you again.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Close to train station, great breakfast. I love the different options we had for breakfast. Japanese and Western breakfasts are both really good. They were very friendly and I got a cute birthday present which was a nice surprise! :) very happy with the stay here.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank travelhappy1919

Dear the guest,

Thank you for your staying at our hotel and your comments.
We are very glad to read your comments.
We wish you had good time and memories in Japan.
We have a small gift to the guest who is a birthday in a month.
When you come back and visit to Osaka,please stay at our hotel again.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

My wife and i recently stayed here for two nights. It is a few of blocks from the station, and is not connected to the station as the name may imply. We had a twin room which was sufficiently large and very clean. The biggest complaint we had is that the bathroom was teeny. We stayed in a number of hotels while in japan, and this bathroom was the smallest by far. Breakfast was included, and they had a reasonable selection of western items, and was quite satisfactory. Unlike most of the places we stayed, there were no convenience stores nearby, and it was a fairly long walk to any restaurants. However, the rate we paid was quite reasonable, and we had a comfortable, safe stay at this hotel. If I were to return to Osaka, and wanted to be near the station, I would consider staying here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank docdiamond

Dear the guest,

Thank you for your staying at our hotel and your comments.
We provide the guest room which can relax with cleanliness.
We wish a pleasant memory in your heart.
If you have a chance to come to Osaka,we are looking foward to seeing you again.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Everybody was very friendly and helpful. Just loved the small Japanese bath in the room. Great to relax in after running around all day. Loved the free skin care products, shampoo and conditioner. There is a small fridge in the room to keep drinks chilled. Also a small kettle. Loved that guests can have either a Japanese of Western Breakfast each day. Really close to Shin-Osaka station, i.e. to catch the bullet trains to Kyoto or Tokyo. The hotel noticed that I had my birthday and gave me a small gift.

I suggest that the hotel supply tourist info in English (E.G. maps of Osaka and Kyoto), otherwise guests have to walk back to Shin-Osaka station to get the info and the tourist office closes at 18:00.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank JanineZA
sthotel_osaka, フロント オフィス マネージャー at Shin-Osaka Station Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2013

Thank you for your staying at our hotel.
We are very glad to read your comments,
We wish you had good memories and experience in Japan.
If you have a chance to come to Osaka,please stay at our hotel again.
We are looking foward to seeing you !!

Shin-Osaka Station Hotel Honkan
The front office manager MIyuki Kawamrua

Reviewed June 5, 2013

The room is very small but clean and comfortable. Great location makes it convenient to go to different places from the shin-osaka station. They have only 2 breakfast menus: Japanese and western, but it was enough for us. nice service.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Saranya P
sthotel_osaka, フロント オフィス マネージャー at Shin-Osaka Station Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2013

Thank you for your staying at our hotel.
We provide the guest room which can relax with cleanliness every day.
We welcome with the feeling of thanks.
We wish a pleasant memory in your heart.
If you have a chance to cpme to Osaka,please stay at our hotel again.
We are looking foward to seeing you.

Shin-Osaka station hotel honkan