Shin-Osaka Station Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
All reviewsshin osaka stationcarrying heavysingle servingadequate breakfasttofuwestern breakfasthotel servesconvenient locationjapanese styleshampoo and conditionernice lobbyreception counterhotel stayshort stayreasonable sizesmall bathroomthe ground floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my brother back in Feb last year for three nights. The room was the smallest hotel room I've ever had in my life (but this is expected in Japan). Apart from that, location is excellent, only six minutes from the metro station. The beds are extremely comfortable too! I love the daily breakfast served at the hotel, particularly with the Japanese breakfast which is very delicious.

I highly recommend this hotel to any first-timers to Osaka or even Japan, as well as those who want to travel to other Japanese cities by Shinkansen since it is so close to the Shin Osaka station, where the Shinkansen trains are accessible.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
sthotel_osaka, フロント オフィス マネージャー at Shin-Osaka Station Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Dear the guest,

Thank you for staying at our hotel and the comments to our hotel.
We always provide the guest room which can relax with cleanliness.
We welcome with the feeling of thanks every day.
We wish a pleasant memory in your heart.
We are looking foward to seeing you again.

The front office maneger KAWAMURA

Reviewed December 28, 2012

The location is really convenient but the room is truly very small. No wardrobe accept opened hangers. Locate exit East. 3 minutes walk through the coach parking area and walk along the a small path, hotel is just right infront. Convenient to travel to kyoto and take coach buses to Takayama too. The coin laundry map which the hotel gave was difficult to find. The map is wrong. It took a long time for us to find it.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Missey T
sthotel_osaka, フロント オフィス マネージャー at Shin-Osaka Station Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2013

Thank you for your comments to our hotel.
We provide the guest rom which can relax with cleanlines.
We are sorry for you to feel the room small.
But we always welcome with the feeling of thanks every day.
We wish a pleasant memory in your heart in Japan.
Someday we are looking foward to seeing you again.

The front maneger Miyuki Kawamura

Reviewed November 27, 2012

Such a convenient location! 3 minutes' walk from the JR Shin-Osaka station (east exit), and no stairs to lug our luggage down from! Please persist in looking for the east exit. Resist all temptations to exit from a different exit and 'somehow find your way' there because the exits are not near one another! If lost, just ask the station staff.

The receptionist at the hotel spoke English, Japanese and Chinese which was impressive. The rooms were of the usual size expected of Japanese hotels (that is, pretty small). Room was clean and tidy. Plus, ladies get a free set of facial samples! They had also thoughtfully included a little clip on rack in the toilet for hanging small pieces of laundry (for those who do their laundry in the sink :) )

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank frozen_fire19
sthotel_osaka, フロント オフィス マネージャー at Shin-Osaka Station Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Thank you for your staying at our hotel.
We welcome with the feeling of thanks every day and always provide the guest room which can relax with cleanliness.
We wish a pleasant memory in your heart and looking foward to seeing you again.

The front office manager Kawamura

Reviewed November 22, 2012

This is my second visit to this hotel. I have choosen it because Kyoto Hotels were so expensive and for my 4 nights stay this was a great option. The hotel is located 5 minutes walk from the east exit of shin osaka station. This is the shinkansen train station of Osaka: it means in 15 minutes you are in Kyoto by shikansen... The hotel as usual if full of small details that make you feel at home. A small fresh flower, the lady's welcome kit, the breakfast included in the rate (western of jp at your choice - the breakfast was basic but ok to start a day), laundry facilities are available at 200Y to wash and 100Y to dry, 30Y powder. the room is small but I don't care about the room size, we are in japan and this is the normal size, especially if you don't want to spend a fortune...also I was not supposed to spend my whole day in the room..... Use their website to book online, if you book in advance (like I did) you can probably have a better rate especially if you stay longer than one/two nights.
The staff speak good english, and it is really polite and helpful. A personal thanks to the nice lady (unfortunately I don't remember her name) who welcomed us every evening, she is a really nice person and she is a part of the "feel like home" experience I had in this hotel. I recommend this hotel to anyone want to visit Osaka and Kyoto. thank you! I'll come again!!!

Room Tip: use their website to book. special deals are available for advance bookings.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank kawaiiqueen
sthotel_osaka, フロント オフィス マネージャー at Shin-Osaka Station Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2012

Thank you for your second time stay.
I remember you because I checked-in and talked you.
Thank you for a small present for me.
We welcome with the feeling of thanks everyday.
And we wish a pleasant memory in your heart.
We are looking foward to seeing you again!!

Front office Maneger Kawamura

Reviewed November 12, 2012

This hotel is located a few minutes walk from the shin-osaka shinkansen station, but is a real pain to find if you dont know the station exit number (we forgot it) and took us fourty minutes to find, none of the local's, could help either as it seems most hotels in the area have a similar name. Hotel rooms are pretty large for japan (we had a twin) but cold and have no in-room heating facilities, bathrooms are tiny and the bathtub is impossible to have a bath in, due to it's size. Breakfast has to be chosen the day before, either japanese (raw egg, fish, rice, seaweed, and god knows what else (we had no idea, what it was) or western (egg,ham sandwich's, toast, soup, fruit from a tin, youghurt, egg, sausage) staff are ok, but seem to have a text-book knowledge of english.... Over-all, it's ok for a night or two. but if your staying longer consider somewhere else, and its pretty expensive compared to other hotels in the area, we paid £65 or $100 a night.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the front, the hotel has double glazed window's, but lack's climate control, if its warm and you have to open the window, then there are trains passing every few minutes and they are very noisy.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank namsan
sthotel_osaka, フロント オフィス マネージャー at Shin-Osaka Station Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

Thank you for your staying at our hottel.
Its takes about 5 minutes from the shin-osaka east exit.
Our hotel web site is the most reasonable room charge.
If you have a chance to come to Osaka,we are looking foward to seeing you.

Front Manager Kawamura