Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Tripadvisor$141
Hotels.com
Booking.com$141
Expedia.com$141
Priceline$141
eDreams$141
All reviews spacious room jr pass shin subway umeda shampoo
Selected filters
Reviewed September 1, 2016

I stayed here 3 nights on a business trip. The hotel is just off one of the Shinkansen Railway Station exits, hence superconvenient if you arrive to Osaka by train. Very large room, supercomfy bed, not crazily expensive considering that Osaka/Kyoto are quite pricey. Quick check-in and, obviously, great service and welcome from the reception staff. The neighbourhood is not so great, however it's super easy to use the metro, take a taxi or Uber to move around the city. Once again, if you are arriving/departing by Shinkansen it's just perfect, I would definitely be back,

Date of stay: June 2016
2  Thank fijitime71
Noriko K, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Shin-Osaka Station, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2016

Dear fijitime71,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience at the Courtyard by Marriott Shin-Osaka Station. We are delighted to hear that you really enjoyed your stay.
We are fortunate to locate such convenient place that our guests can go to any sightseeing spots very easily by taking subway, JR or Shinkansen.
Thank you for choosing us as your destination in Osaka. We hope to see you again soon.

Sincerely Yours,

Reviewed August 31, 2016

As perfect a hotel as I have come across.
Lovely new building, helpful staff. Very well fitted out, very spacious rooms.
Very well located right next door to the Shin-Osaka railway station (not to be confused with the Osaka station across the river).
Quiet and comfortable particularly so close to the roads and rail.

Room tip: Our room was 913. We enjoyed it no complaints.

Dear vicnzsa,

Thank you for staying with us and your kind review of our hotel. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate you being a guest of ours and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed August 27, 2016 via mobile

I am a Marriott Platinum member. When I arrived, they did not greet me as such which has never happened before. Nor did they offer me my gift, which again is unprecedented. I had to ask for it. Nor did I receive any room upgrade. Ok, maybe that was just a bad receptionist (but previous reviewers have made the same comment).

Then I went to the bar on 19. They gave me a Pepsi but the ice was so much that I literally had one sip before it was done. I complained and they gave me another one. Then at the end she charged me for both sodas. When I explained about the ice, she initially refused to take off the first soda from the check. I insisted and they eventually took off the charge but still argued with me that the ice content had been "normal" and that no one else had complained. The irony is that as a member of Marriott rewards I could go to the lounge next door and take 20 pepsis from the fridge for free. So why argue with me? And see for yourself the ice in the attached picture.

Then the food was terrible in bar 19. We had fish and chips; the fish was goujons, and smelled fishy.

Then my card didn't work for the executive lounge. They changed it for me. But the changed card now didn't work for the room. So I went down and changed it. It STILL didn't work. Finally, on the third try, I got a key that worked for the room and the lounge. For the night I had just arrived and was jet lagged, this was a terrible start.

But it got better. The room was pretty nice. Bed was comfy. Breakfast is good and varied. Generally service was decent. English wasn't amazing from the staff. Executive lounge is lovely with good food and drink (except for some burnt and greasy spring rolls, picture attached). But best of all was the location. Coffee and restaurants in the station next door. The Shinkansen to Kyoto and Tokyo next door. And the Jr line into Osaka was very convenient. It's a great base for this region. All in all, we enjoyed our stay and would definitely stay here again. But the first night was difficult and can be ironed out by the general manager by imposing true Marriott standards on the hotel. I give it three stars for that but it could easily be 4 or 5 with some better management.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
5  Thank londonlawyer75
cyosaka, Hotel Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Shin-Osaka Station, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2016

Dear londonlawyer75,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to Courtyard by Marriott Shin-Osaka Station. I sincerely apologize for the disappointing experience that you outlined in your Trip Advisor review. Unfortunately, we did not meet your expectations, nor did we live up to the high standards of service & quality at our Reception & Bar for which we are known. Please know that your feedback is very important to us and we are already working on re-training of knowledge: rewards benefit, and solutions that will prevent similar situations from occurring in the future.
I sincerely appreciate your comments and should you wish to discuss this matter further, please do not hesitate to contact us directly at kohei.makino@cyosaka.com.

Kohei Makino
Hotel Manager

Reviewed August 23, 2016

Stayed here for 3 nights when in Osaka for Summer Sonic and was very impressed with the hotel. It is located within a minutes walk of Shin-Osaka station, making travel very easy - hotel staff will print off instructions for you which makes it almost impossible to go wrong.

Although located in a fairly quiet area, there are convenience stores and restaurants around. Breakfast in the hotel is good, but a little expensive.

It costs around 3000 yen to take a taxi to the main nightlife area of Osaka - the train stops at midnight, so might need to factor in a taxi for the way home if you are planning on staying out late.

We travelled onto Tokyo from Osaka and the Shinkasen train goes from the station next to the hotel, so that worked really well.

Room tip: One side of the hotel faces the train tracks, so there is regular noise from passing trains
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Noriko K, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Shin-Osaka Station, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2016

Dear Sebastian P,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience at the Courtyard by Marriott Shin-Osaka Station. We hope you had a great time at Summer Sonic. We are so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful. Our hotel is located at very convenient place to go anywhere by taking subway, JR or Shinkansen so please come again soon to explore Osaka and Japan more.

Reviewed August 23, 2016

I stayed here twice on a recent business trip while transiting through Itami Airport in Osaka. The Courtyard is fairly convenient to Itami, but plan for at least a 30 minute taxi ride due to the ever present traffic in the area. The room was large and very comfortable and the business lounge was well stocked as well

Dear Michelle K,

Thank you for staying with us again and taking time to share your review. We hope that we offered refreshing service to you and made your business trip comfortable.
We hope you choose to stay with us again whenever your travel needs bring you back to Osaka.