Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 3, 2012

We stayed at Hotel Kinki, Osaka Japan in October of 2010. Such an amazing country as Japan deserved more than the week we stayed there. The hotel was in the middle of the so called 'red light' district but you wouldnt know it. The hotel was simple with 3 single beds, a small bath and toilet. It had a tv that was it. It was just what we were wanting as our days were spent out and about exploring the temples and alleyways and to see what Osaka had to offer. No meals were on offer so we walked only a few steps down to the 7/11 and bought fresh pasteries, noodles and other things to eat for breakfast and snacks. Housekeeping was done daily. Recommended to those looking for a reasonably priced place to sleep, but nothing luxurious

Date of stay: September 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Jelly2850
Reviewed July 22, 2012

The three of us shared a room with single beds for each. Room was small with just barely enough space to get our suitcases in but Japan does compact so was not unduly surprised. Clean and tidy with wi-fi, air-conditioning and tea/coffee maker. Staff helpful and polite and spoke enough english to get by with. Gets noisy at night when trying to sleep because hotel is located within the bars and clubs area bustling with office workers out for a good night after work. Great location close to convenience stores and main shops and Osaka train station which we used every day.Overall, very enjoyable stay in Osaka but having walked around the area there are loads of other hotels available within the vacinity.

Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 4, 2012

I stayed here a few nights in June 2012 and it was a good value for the money. It's right on the edge of a red light district, (really, more like a few blocks of a side street than a "district"), but as a foreigner (or "gaijan" in Japanese), I was completely ignored by everyone so it wasn't a big deal. I felt completely safe walking to and from the hotel (it's Japan, it's an extremely safe country). Getting to the hotel can be a little bit tricky, but the hotel website has very good directions and once you find it the first time, you'll have no problems at all! But, the good thing about the location is that the hotel is right near Osaka station, so there are 15 minute trips to Kyoto every 7-10 minutes. I basically used Osaka as a launching point to visit Kyoto for a few days.

The room was a good sized room for a standard Japan hotel room. The doors don't automatically lock so you'll want to remember to manually lock the door with the key when you leave. You leave the key at the front desk so you don't have to worry about losing it or anything.

The bathroom is pretty small, but I was traveling solo so it didn't bother me. The mattress was pretty firm and I prefer a softer mattress, but I've found that almost all mattresses in Japan (and Asia for that matter). The A/C worked great so I was able to get some relief from the heat and humidity that comes with traveling in Japan in June.

I also used the coin laundry and it was extremely inexpensive. One thing to note is that I only used one washer but the dryers don't dry very well so I had to separate out my laundry into two loads to dry and had to let it run for a couple cycles.

Overall, I'd recommend if you are looking for something that will only serve as a place to sleep and shower while you venture out into Osaka and Kyoto.

Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
7  Thank TexasInLondon
Reviewed April 30, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is a little difficult to find so make sure to print maps out and mark the route to take. If you see Yodobashi Camera, you're going the wrong direction.

The hotel is located along a shopping street called Hankyu Higashi Dori so there's tons of small restaurants to eat at up until very late.

The hotel staff is very helpful too. I had to use a Japanese cell phone to activate my b-mobile data sim card and the staff were willing to help me. All the staff speak pretty decent English too.

The room is quite spacious for a cheap hotel. Overall, good value for money. I'll definitely stay here again and recommend the hotel to others.

Date of stay: April 2012
2  Thank jessau
Reviewed March 25, 2012

At first, I wasn't sure what to think because the area seemed "different." I started to notice that the area seemed very red light and with a name like Hotel Kinki, I assumed it was not the place for me to stay as a female since I wasn't sure if I was in a safe area. However, it was getting late and I couldn't find a hotel that offered a cheaper rate, so I decided to check out Hotel Kinki.

The hotel staff is REALLY friend and helpful! There's also free wifi and a computer in the lobby.

The rooms are clean inside and it is a GREAT deal for a traveler on a budget. I noticed there were a lot of travelers/foreigners at the hotel - nothing unusual.

The room is a good size, but the bathroom is quite small.

It was quiet, but outside was very lively. The hotel is surrounded by a lot of restaurants, shops, and bars.

Although there were some weird things that I noticed, no one really bothers you. Of course, as a female you may want to be more vigilant, but I felt pretty safe.

I really enjoyed Osaka and I would return to Hotel Kinki. It was a decent hotel.

Date of stay: March 2012