Open today: 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM
Review Highlights
The perfect way to see Japan in autumn!

I can’t recommend Global wheels strongly enough. I rented a touring bike from them for a week in... read more

Reviewed November 23, 2018
AstroHugh
Koyasan, Ryujin, Kawayu, Nachikatsuura, Shirahama

From when we started emailing with Global Wheels about a bike trip through the Wakayama Prefecture... read more

Reviewed October 6, 2018
CaseyA153
Portland, Oregon
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Osaka
from $48.60
from $52.33
from $69.15
More Info
All reviews road bike cycling trip rented two bikes these guys repair kit great route quality bikes kansai area gareth equipment kobe company helmets kanazawa panniers japan organisation
Reviewed September 10, 2016

Feedback from my husband, Carlos:
Had a brief visit in Osaka in mid August (3 days) enroute Southeast Asia. Decided to spare a day to try out road biking in Japan's countryside but had no idea how to get to it. Stumbled upon Globalwheels' website which turned out to be a god-send! Gareth promptly responded to my initial inquiry with not only rental-related matters, but also useful tips on a full-day ride outside Osaka. Gareth made sure I was well equipped for the ride - bike was in tip top condition, helmet, bike lock, even water bottles were provided. Gareth even provided spare tubes in case they were needed in the mountains. All led to a rewarding, memorable ride - beautiful mountainous landscapes in the Mino area and all went without a hitch thanks to Gareth's great service and thoughtfulness.

Date of experience: August 2016
1  Thank Linda Y
Globalwheelsroadbike, General Manager at Globalwheels, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2016

Many thanks for sharing your husband's thoughts. We are glad to hear that he had a rewarding experience and could see the beautiful scenery of Mino. Safe travels in the future and regards from Globalwheels.

Reviewed August 21, 2016

A great service from Gareth and Ian at Global Wheels. Rental process was painless, and great route suggestions. Bike was very good in excellent condition. What turned out to be a scorching hot day, but a great ride all the same over Mt Koyo, then towards Yoshino, before heading back to Osaka. Tip - lots of vending machines everywhere so no problems getting drinks. Will definitely use these guys again if I am back this way.

Date of experience: August 2016
1  Thank Ian W
Globalwheelsroadbike, General Manager at Globalwheels, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to review our service. We are always happy to help and glad that you had a great time exploring the Kansai area by road bike (despite the hot weather). Good luck with future cycling pursuits and feel free to visit again. Kindest Regards from the team.

Reviewed July 8, 2016 via mobile

Excellent service, delivered and picked up, very convenient. Road around Lake Biwa without a hitch. All assessories and equipment provided. Highly recommended.

Date of experience: July 2016
1  Thank Greg L
Globalwheelsroadbike, General Manager at Globalwheels, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2016

Thanks for taking the time to review our service. We appreciate your efforts. Glad to hear you enjoyed your ride around Lake Biwa. Kindest Regards.

Reviewed July 5, 2016

I had been searching for a road bike rental in Osaka / Kyoto before my trip to Japan and I was so grateful that I met these guys. Even though Osaka was a very bike friendly city, it is very difficult to find a road bike rental in the city!. Globalwheels offered exactly what I needed - a road bike that I could rent for a few days and just take it to wherever I want. I rode from Osaka to Kyoto and then to the Kyoto suburbs. I rented a Scott Speedster S45 which fit well for me and it was a very smooth ride. Gareth and Ian were very helpful in route suggestions and also gave me extra tubes, repair kit etc. in case of tire punctures on the way.

Highly recommended and will definitely seek for them again for my next bike trip to Japan. They also offered bike rental delivery services as far as I know, so do contact them even if you are not in Osaka but in Japan if you need a bike.

Date of experience: June 2016
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
1  Thank Sarah L
Globalwheelsroadbike, General Manager at Globalwheels, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2016

Many thanks for taking the time to review our service. We are happy to help and glad that you had a great time exploring Japan by road bike. Good luck with future cycling pursuits and feel free to visit again. Kindest Regards from the team.

Reviewed June 15, 2016 via mobile

I booked for a day and requested for delivery/return to Ohiradai. Was on a family trip and managed to slip out for a day for a cycling excursion. I did Hakone Mt Fuji climb Hakone 160km or so. The bike is an ordinary Felt alloy with shimano tiagra but it is pretty nice to ride and did not give me any problems at all. Above all, Gareth is a great person to deal with and goes the extra mile to ensure your satisfaction. The bike was collected the next day just before noon. Thank you Globalwheels for a memorable ride in Hakone Mt Fuji. Hope to be back for more.

Date of experience: June 2016
1  Thank ChrisH10705
Globalwheelsroadbike, General Manager at Globalwheels, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2016

Thanks for taking the time to review. We really appreciate your time to do so. We are glad to hear that you had a memorable ride and hope to help you explore Japan further in the future. Keep paving your own adventures! Kindest Regards from Globalwheels.