“First visit to Osaka? Stay here!”

Hearton Hotel Nishi Umeda
Ranked #50 of 307 Hotels / Ryokan in Osaka
singapore
“First visit to Osaka? Stay here!”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I've stayed here after booked them online via Agoda.com, and it was like around 100US per night for triple share. I've been to Japan before and it was Tokyo (a few times), so I figure, a great location is essentials since I'll be traveling a lot here and there. So the one with most stations from JR to Subway is the no.1 key to a wonderful trip for me and my family.

Hotels in Tokyo are tiny, I really need to take turns in who walks inside the room, so I prepared myself for a small room, but here, it's not that small. The room is actually allowed us to move 2 person at the same time side by side, trust me, it's a good thing. The problem with this hotel is how to get here. We arrived at night, all 10 of us, me and my best friends where now everyone is married and have kids too, one of them also pregnant and carrying 2 tods. And yes, carrying a stroller here CAN BE a problem as the path from the JR which is Sakurabashi gate is by stairs (Above +/-10 PM) and most of the time we get back very late at night.

As you go down following the sakurabashi gate sign, keep walking until getting out of the station, keep going straight, yes, across the red light signs (zebra cross) and into Albi. We were told to go around Albi, it is WRONG, go inside Albi, which is also Daimaru. Yes, there's some shops there inside those dept.store/alley/path way, you'll passed by a supermarket on your left, then keep going and on your right you'll see restaurants selling udon, ramen, and at the end of this path you'll see takoyaki store on your right. Cross another street (this one with no red light, but there's zebra cross) and you'll see a building, you can't see the name until you cross that street and go right.

Walk and on the right is the train track, keep walking and on your left is the hotel.

We were spending hours on day 1 trying to find this hotel, now you don't have to.

Okay back to the room. The cabinet is quite okay, we stay there for 8 nights and love it so much. Tiny bathroom but the tub even thou it is shorter, it is deeper alright, so we can soak in. the toilet is Japanese standard and it is awesome!! All the buttons you can play and they all work so well.

Everything is well stocked from the tissue, shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, shower cap to the tea and coffee. There's an ice machine near the elevator of each floor for free. There's a vending machine that sells various drinks as well.

Hotels like these (3-4 stars and above) in Japan is always a total satisfaction for me as the toiletries are very good quality (shiseido, pola, ect) and always in pump bottle. I never find myself without toiletries here and I helps my traveling baggage too.

On the basement there's a coin laundry, washing machine and drier for a couple hundreds of yen we get everything cleaned, and for sweaty summer, coin laundry is definitely a must. But since it was open for public I do advice to do it in the morning as most Japanese done their laundry at night and prepare a lot of 100yen coins (the receptionist can help you with the chance). But please bring detergent, softener, etc, it is said on the machine that detergent is not needed anymore since it will be automatically given, I found some of my clothes still stink, bring detergent from home as I've searched quite far to find myself a detergent, and the kanji (Japanese letters) didn't help me at all.

The receptionist is nice and no complain at all, my friend kept putting their keys there, they are so afraid of losing the one and only key card, yes, even if you stay triple, they only give you one key card. Can't ask for more. In the lobby there's a free wifi too, very helpful, while inside the room free internet by cable only.

Now the best part is the location. Umeda is near Osaka station too, it's like side by side and Osaka Bus Station as well. I did find a lot of cheaper hotels but I have to take multiple rides just to get there and from there, it wont matter much and since I have limited time, so time is very precious for me, I choose the one that give me all. The deals also can be cheaper, depends on the time and promotion, check Agoda.com. hotels.com, regularly.

A trip to here from the airport is around 75 minutes and yes, the train from airport doesn't stop at every station, but definitely stop here. To Universal Studio is around 20 minutes. To Kyoto, Kobe, Tokyo, there's a direct train from this Station (super convenient here, right?!) and the malls here!!

If there's a Hilton nearby, you are definitely in the center of the city, and Hilton is just on the left side. So there's also a lot of local malls which is huge and every day start from 8 PM the food will go on sale for 50%off. All those yummy cooked food. usually the food hall is in the department store (basement level) and separated between the savory and sweets/desserts. Finding some food here is never a problem.

During our stay here we've visited: Kobe (Mt. Rokko, ect), Kyoto (Imperial garden, market, etc), Universal Studio, Spa World, Kaiyukan (one of the largest Aquarium in the world), Tempozan (local food delicacies selling food that is only available here), and many many more. We enjoyed our trip so much and will definitely go here again. Everyone enjoy staying in the hotel, my friends who is pregnant with two tods, and my other friends whose on honeymoon. everyday the room is cleaned, not a single smoke on the air and even thou' there's nothing memorable from the front staff, the cleaning service is very friendly, polite and we really appreciate them for cleaning our room so spotless daily, we did make a lot of mess haha!

Room Tip: high floor as it near the train station and non smoking room for non smokers
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
8 Thank carnellin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Poprad, Slovakia
Reviewed September 19, 2012

The hotel is located about 10 minutes from osaka station and about the same time to entertainment district with lots of good restaurants.we stayed in semi double room which was fine but needs to be updated.i don't recomment to take breakfast at hotel because we found limited options of food

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Reviewed September 9, 2012

We stayed two night at the hotel and our stay was unspectacular. Rooms are small but location is good and service is as expected in Japan. This hotel is nothing to write home about but they have drink vending machines on all floors. I found it a bit disturbing that there was no wifi in the room but one had to go and sit in the hotel lobby to access free wifi.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I stayed for 3 nights in this hotel, and we highly recommend the hotel as the location was just perfect. Few doors away, you can find a row of restaurants, where you can find alot of food, and a convenient shop that you can buy sandwiches and drinks.

As the hotel does not provide any bfast, my husband and I bought the sandwiches and buns from the convenient store and had it for breakfast before we took off for our photo tour.

The room was spacious (twin room), and has a very good view of Umeda Sky Building and JR station. I do agree that the room can be a little bit noisy as it is located just next to the JR station. Well, if you wanted to have a convenient location, then you have to give in a little... i find that the noise was not so irritating until it disturb our sleep. The room itself were clean, even though the furniture and fittings were little bit outdated, but we weren't concerned that much as the hotel were basically for us to shower, and to sleep after a day of photo-tour. However, I do agree that the hotel needs to be refurbished soon.

The receptionist, Kaori-san, was very helpful to help us look for place to eat and etc. She provided a map for us to Shinbashi/Namba and Dotumburi.

I will consider staying in this hotel if I were to visit Osaka again due to it's convenient location

Room Tip: Room 1401. Great view for photographers.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Joebaby21
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed June 9, 2012

I stayed for 10 nights with my sister and we are highly recommend this hotel as the location is perfect. It is near to the Airport Shuttle Bus station which is 1 minute on foot and the Umeda Station is only 2 minutes walk. Staying at the hotel for the whole trip is good enough to travel to Kyoto, Kobe, Nara and Wakayama as you can take train from Umeda/Osaka station. The main underground shopping district is located at the station as well, the Floating Garden Observatory is located nearby which allow you to view the completed Osaka city view. The cons are the room was small which won't allow us to open our luggage properly. The LAN cable provided is not long enough and there is only 2 power points available which is not enough.

Room Tip: My room was at 14 floor and it was very peacefully even facing the train track.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family