“Just average....”
Review of Misoya

Misoya
Ranked #5 of 2,150 Restaurants in Nagano
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Walking around Nagano made us a bit hungry that day. Not far from the train station we found this place. We've had some very good Ramen already on our Japan-trip and gave this place a shot.

It's set like any typical Ramen Shop. A counter and a few tables. The service/chef was nice and friendly.
Unfortunately the Ramen was not really anything special. Not bad, but just very plain and average. It was just something missing to wow us. The Gyzoa were decent.
It's an okay place to fill up your stomach, but for really great Noodles I would try some other place.

Wanna know about me and my travels? Check my profile (with a link to my website).

Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

This is one of my favourite styles of Japanese food and this place certainly did not disappoint the noodles and pork were spot on, but for me the miso broth took it to new heights, one of my favourite meals in Japan, simply delicious!!!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

After reading the great reviews we had to try this place while in Nagano. While the place is a bit hard to find (follow the directions given by 'gzwar') you will not be disappointed. Lift the curtain, find a seat. The service is fast and the food is delicious. It was the best ramen we had during our four week trip.

1  Thank KarenRodM
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Recommended to us by a Japanese friend, Misoya serves only Ramen (noodles and vegetables in broth with varying amounts of pork depending on what you order). You sit at a counter and order (it doesn't matter if you don't speak Japanese, they have an english menu), and the chefs cook it in front of you. It tasted fresh and healthy, and was more than enough for dinner. We had 2 ramen and a beer and it came to about 2000 yen (the beer was quite pricey, but then it seems to be all over Japan). It felt quite authentic, we were the only non-Japanese in there, so it must be good.
It's easy to find. Standing with your back to the train station, cross the road towards the Circle K. Pass the Circle K (on your left) and there is an alleyway to the left. Misoya is down there about 20 yards on the left.

1  Thank gazwar
Reviewed September 2, 2012

I ate here more than once, because of the title of this review! I love miso ramen, and that's all they have! Quick, mastered, and delicious. The price was right on, I ate till I was full to my neck, and was on my way! Nothing luxurious or fancy, just good miso ramen, miso ramen, or miso ramen.