“Tiny, old rooms”

Ranked #52 of 77 Hotels / Ryokan in Nagano
North Conway, New Hampshire
“Tiny, old rooms”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Staff were friendly but that's about the only good thing I can say. The room was TINY and very old, and there was barely enough room to put my suitcase in the room. I have stayed in many Japanese hotels (including Tokyo) and this hotel easily had the smallest, oldest room of any of them. I was constantly hitting the walls with things because the room was so small. I could hear the people in the room beside me doing the same thing.

They take 5 hours per day to clean your room. I had some business meetings and asked if the cleaning staff could start cleaning my room an hour later than usual (so that I would have my room to prepare for my meetings), but they said no - they needed the full five hours.

There are MUCH better hotels within about 100 meters (such as Smile Hotel and Hotel Nagano Avenue, which I have also stayed at) which are only a few yen more per night. Give this hotel a miss!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Thomas_H886

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed June 3, 2013

1. The blinds in the room were useless, the room was light a 7 Eleven store. No block out from the sun at all.2. We reseverd a double room, in the assumption that the room was for 2 people, and had to pay $20 extra for a 2nd person. We found this strange, further more, even stranger, the room had 2 robes, 2 towels, slippers etc..3. Breakfast was included which was reasonable for the price.4. Excellent downtown location.

3 Thank Adums
Travelers also viewed these Nagano hotels
Smile Hotel Nagano
Nagano Station
Hotel New Nagano
Hotel New Nagano
#47 of 77 in Nagano

Been to Hotel Select Inn Nagano? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel Select Inn Nagano

Property: Hotel Select Inn Nagano
Address: 965 Minamichitosemachi, Nagano 380-0822, Nagano Prefecture
Location: Japan > Chubu > Nagano Prefecture > Nagano > Nagano Station
Ranked #52 of 77 Hotels / Ryokan in Nagano
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Hotel Select Inn Nagano 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with JAPANiCAN, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, Rakuten, Booking.com and Ctrip TA so you can book your Hotel Select Inn Nagano reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Annex Hotel Nagano