“cheap”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Neighborhood: City Center
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Not bad. the place is quite famous for its cheap sushi. Would recommend this place. 10 minutes walking distance from Takashimaya shopping mall

Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

Really great sushi train experience - lots of variety and really cheap too. There's a second train upstairs so don't be put off if it looks full.

If you're looking for a quick dinner out then this is the place.

Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

First bite into a typical salmon suishi from the belt already makes my eyes open wide. I have had a lot of suishi in many places, all around Hong Kong (where I am from) and in many other places in Japan as well. I have to say, the suishi here is much better than I expected. The fish is fresh, the vinegar used for the rice is uniquely delicious, and best if all, the seaweed wrapping the suishi is crispy. This is a rare thing to find.

The atmosphere is friendly and down to earth, the items on the conveyor belt has English label so us foreigners know what we are eating. I went to the highly acclaimed Chojiro the day after. They have got nothing on Musashi Suishi. I must come back here again one more time before I leave Kyoto. This place deserves the 5 stars much more.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

I went to Kyoto for some scenic Japanese countryside relaxation. On the way back, we stopped at Musashi. What a delight, and it was affordable! Just take the plates off, take some green tea stack those plates and off you go. Its fantastic and recommend it for anyone in the area.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

My grown son was staying at the Kyoto Garden Hotel across the street for a scientific conference when he discovered it by chance. The first night he went there because it was convenient while I stayed at a different hotel nearby. The next day he suggested we both go there for lunch because we were in a hurry but I was skeptical because its kaiten style. As it turned out, it was GREAT! We were both very hungry but got a place and started eating right away. Each of us ate 8 plates for about less than $10 each, a good price we haven't found anywhere else, even in the U.S. And the food was decently fresh and varied. Even the hot green tea is self-served at no charge from a convenient spigot in front of you. We've been to a lot sushi places in California and the sushi here at Musashi is a lot FRESHER. Bottom line: Fresh sushi, good price, very convenient (near city hall, shopping district, Gion Corner).