“Cheap and Cheerful”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast
Neighborhood: City Center
Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

Quite unassuming conveyor belt restaurant. Very busy yet staff were very accomodating.

I'm sure there are higher class establishments in Kyoto but at 137 Yen for a plate you can't argue.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

OK this place is not 5 stars but it fills the gap if you want to experience Sushi Train. We ate here twice and the 2nd time was the better even though they forgot 1 of our ordered items.

Sushi Trains (Kaiten Zushi) are getting hard to find now .. well not as obvious and everywhere as they used to be.

A good selection goes around in front of you but you also have the option of ordering it made up fresh. They understand basic english. Both times we were there there was a mix of tourists and locals. The first visit was at night and we had to wait about 10 mins to be seated. Second was during the day and we sat straight away.

Go here if you are in the area and are not going to be able to get to another .. although finding them can be difficult like I said.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Hard to miss on a busy crossroads, this is a friendly place where locals and foreigners mix to have good and varied sushi. Very decently priced, you can also order what you do not see rolling past you.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

I went because of the many positive reviews and also because I thought I'd try a kaiten sushi restaurant in Japan. This restaurant was extremely disappointing. The sushi's cheap but the quality isn't so great. For some reason I thought all sushi in Japan was good and fresh. I actually had fresher sushi at a sushi bar at Narita Airport. If you're on a budget and don't care for fresh sushi, come here. If not, go elsewhere.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

I fail to understand how this average place is ranked so high.
I eat better in even cheaper conveyor belt restaurants. The fish is not fresh, and the nigiri falls apart. It is crowded and full of tourists. Skip.
The location is very good, but that's it. Nothing to write home about.

1  Thank kiwiandorange