“Unique and Yummy Burger”

Hamburg & Steak Pound, Umekoji
Ranked #20 of 15,479 Restaurants in Kyoto
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Neighborhood: Shimogyo-ku
Description: We'll give foreign tourists goods made of KIMONO! In the eastern part of Kyoto Central Market, under the JR bridge. Matured hamburger steak lunch at lunchtime and matured steak for dinner! Side dishes also available! A hamburger steak created with a lot of consideration by a meat specialist who runs a steak house cannot be a standard hamburger steak! It has plenty of gravy and matured fragrances as it is made with plenty of extra matured Japanese beef lean cuts and premium short ribs. Enjoy this POUND original hamburger steak, a true meat combination with sweet flavors obtained by using plenty of Awaji onions! In front of Umekoji Park, Kyoto Aquarium!!! Our restaurant is a pleasant place both for families and for couples!
Reviewed May 13, 2018

We ate here before visiting Toji (which is withing walking distance). At first I was disappointed with the options and the lack of toppings, but I was satisfied at my first bite. The meat has a wonderful flavor and I think keeping it simple allows for you to enjoy the favor of the meat. Both my boyfriend and I thought the burgers were fantastic. The staff was also very friendly and the pictures on menus made ordering easy.

Reviewed May 6, 2018 via mobile

Forgot this place! Very far from everywhere! Nobody seeks English . Restaurant was empty and but book for dinner?! Definitely no recommend

Date of visit: May 2018
1  Thank jujupag
Reviewed April 29, 2018 via mobile

Always fun ordering meals by pointing at picture's.The staff i dont think have any idea what they are servimg so dont ask about the aged beef.
All said the food was great and it was a taste of home after being in Japan for a while.

Reviewed April 24, 2018 via mobile

Best burger and dessert I’ve had in all Japan. The burger was nice and juicy and the dessert so flavorful.

1  Thank Thalia d
Reviewed April 14, 2018 via mobile

We ordered a double cheeseburger with bacon and potato wedges.

We also got a combo plate that had a hamburg steak, cut steak, potato salad, and rice.

This was the first and only burger I've had in Japan, but it was delicious. I don't think I'd say it was the best burger I've had, but it was really juicy and tasty. Most of one of my patties basically fell apart when

The location seems like it is kind of out of the way. We took the train, and had to walk through some shady looking areas to get here. I'm sure it was probably safe, but it wasn't well-lit and it looked like some sort of industrial area.

There is a bus stop across the street though, I'd recommend taking the bus or a taxi if you aren't already near by.

1  Thank Justyn S