1,211 results
All reviews welcome drink every evening public bath south building kyoto station fire pit live music every night free laundry small gym free cocktail small balcony minute walk two blocks mk taxi bath house self service laundry coffee table
Selected filters
Reviewed May 12, 2019

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. This hotel surpassed our expectation. Everything was perfect. The location cannot be better- some ppl say it's a couple of block away, but it's literally 3 minutes walk from the kyoto station. It's conveniently located to the train station, with 7-11 nearby, and not crowded nor noisy. The whole design of the hotel is really cool.

We found the room size good for 2 ppl (north tower delux). The public bath is not big but offers all the amenities you need, except for body lotion. The breakast was wonderful! I was glad that I booked it together with the room because at the hotel they are charging 2300 yen per person. I think with conversion and sales on booking site I ended up paying less than that. The breakfast offers both asian style and western style, with plenty of options and you wouldn't be disappointed. Oh and the welcoming drink each night was also a nice gesture. They have live music on certain night and having a free drink in the lounge by a fire pit was wonderful closure to a busy day.

If you are looking for a hotel near kyoto station, don't hesitate. book this one!

Date of stay: May 2019
Reviewed May 7, 2019

Before anyone skips these details, one con: Our room was pretty humid and became especially so every time we were out (i.e. the room power was off so the A/C was, too), so we'd come home to heavy air and a bit of a mildew-y smell and had a bit of trouble sleeping.

Otherwise, this is a neat hotel. It's just a couple blocks from the main train station but in a quieter area, and the open design and lack of kids makes for a really interesting experience in the main lobby--scattered chairs, a bar, free (if not strong) cocktails every night, just a cool feel. Nice room, typically Japanese bathroom (but with a tub!), so no complaints there. They were also one of the better deals we found when balancing price, location, and style.

We had an eventful trip because one of us ended up in the hospital during our stay, and while the staff was a bit confused and slow during the emergency what with the language barrier, they were very nice and one staff member was especially helpful. "Special" trip or not, Sakura Terrace The Gallery is an option worth considering for anyone visiting Kyoto without children.

Date of stay: April 2019
Reviewed May 1, 2019 via mobile

I stayed here for 5D4N alone and I must say this is the best hotel that I’ve come across those located near Kyoto station. Best from my perspective, I liked the whole hotel concept, great service, the free daily welcome drink, free coffee & tea & the value for money dinner. The restaurant is always packed based on my stay here. Breakfast was good too & I was willing to pay for it as my room does not come with one. I would like to compliment the male waiter who was on dinner duty at the restaurant on 1 May for being attentive to my dining needs & remembering who I was, felt very at home here. Will definitely come back here next year.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed April 29, 2019

Its a nice hotel located conveniently close to the train station of Kyoto and from where you can go basically anywhere, the food quality is good, however not the best in Japan. It has charisma and is very nicely decorated.

Date of stay: June 2018
Reviewed April 27, 2019 via mobile

I loved everything about this hotel. We stayed for 4 nights in April of 2019. We opted to upgrade to North Roof King, which was not much more and I would highly recommend. The room was the most spacious during our stay in Japan. The included breakfast was SO GOOD. It was like being at a fancy cocktail party every morning. See the attached pictures. Try the matcha French toast.

Another great thing is that you get a free "welcome drink" every night. You have to get the Sake Violet! It's so delicious. The lounge has fire pits to sit around and blankets if it's cold. It's very romantic.

Overall the hotel was amazing. It was very quiet (partially because there is a no children policy, which, having no children, I enjoyed). It's literally steps from Kyoto Station so it's super convenient, but also in a pretty quiet neighborhood. The bed was very comfortable (I find most hotel beds to be too soft). The staff was also very friendly, helping us book dinner reservations and shipping our luggage to our next hotel.

Also, my wife and I stayed here for our 5 year anniversary, which we mentioned when booking, and they gave us a little bottle of champagne in our room when we checked in. It was very sweet.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple