“Great price and great taste”
Review of Musoshin, Gion

Musoshin, Gion
Ranked #9 of 28 Quick Bites in Kyoto
Neighborhood: Gion
Description: Our ramen restaurant, "Musoshin" is located at "Gion", the most traditional area in Kyoto city. Near Musoshin, there is a "Kaburen-jo" which is a kind of dance studio and stage for "Maiko"(apprentice geisha). So some Maiko often come to eat ramen to Musoshin. There were many foreign travelers who fell under the spell of the tasty ramen soup of Musoshin, and it became popular for them. If you come to Musoshin to eat our ramen, and if you like it, we will let you know how to make it!! Ramen is one of representative Japanese food. We are really happy if you spread our tasty ramen all over your country. Why don't you try it? We give you a big welcome!!
Reviewed May 27, 2018 via mobile

This place was near our accommodation so we decided to pop in for an early dinner and I am glad we did. It was easy to order on the machine which was numbered with photos and descriptions of each meal. I had the set menu with ramen, rice, karage, kimchi and ordered grated garlic too and my partner had the extra meat ramen. The ramen was thick and delicious. It was unique that the pork is quite thickly sliced and i had a few melt in your mouth chunks. Yumm.

Highly recommend for a very cheap meal (which in kyoto is hard to find).

1  Thank happytravels9999

Reviewed May 23, 2018

Ducked in here on my way to Gion Corner. Tiny, but packed. You have to choose what you want, feed coins into a machine, and it gives you a ticket when you punch what you want. You give this to the person who seats you, and within a few minutes they bring you your dinner. Since the one I wanted was not available that evening, I went with the first choice. It was savory, the pork soft and flavorful, but not over-salty like the ramen I'd had the night before. The couple next to me were making their second trip in two days there--they loved the fried chicken. Good, filling, reasonably priced.

Reviewed May 9, 2018 via mobile

Don't waste your money, thick and tasteless !!
Worst ramen I ever had in one month all over Japan !!

Reviewed May 6, 2018

I could give some advices, but I have to be paid due to the great deal of work.
Maybe the free first one for good ramen : A true stock and not water with chicken powder broth with flour to thicken the whole...

1  Thank wildymountain
Reviewed April 30, 2018

Musoshin is a small ramen joint located near the Gion area. If you're taking one of the two main subway lines covered by the daily Subway + Bus Pass, then the nearest station will be Sanjo.

Musoshin is tiny, and has a capacity of about 12 customers tops. Upon entering the establishment, there will be an ordering machine on your left. There is an English menu on the wall and the number of each item corresponds to the numbered buttons on the machine, making ordering a breeze. Once you've collected all your order slips from the machine, pass them to one of the staff and they bring the food to you.

The ramen was alright I guess; not terrible but not outstanding either. Those with a preference for rich, thick broth will probably like the ramen more. The fried chicken rice bowl (side dish) was pretty decent. All in all unremarkable in terms of food quality, though very good value considering the location.

Date of visit: April 2018