Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
Nishiki Market and cooking - Great Experience

We have a fantastic time , touring the market, trying many things and having the girls as locals... read more

Reviewed August 2, 2018
E8998WCgregg
Christchurch, New Zealand
Lots of fun and great food!

This was a very fun experience for me and my three sons! We made some amazing food, learned how to... read more

Reviewed July 28, 2018
connies596
Edmonton, Canada
via mobile

See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed April 21, 2018

We discussed many things cultural customs traditions etc, in addition to learning Japanese cooking. Very meaningful time and money spent. Highly recommend it.

Date of experience: August 2017
1  Thank HITOMIM62
Reviewed April 15, 2018

My friend and wanted to do a hands-on Japanese cooking class and Daidocoro certainly provides this. Satsuki and Shinji are friendly, accommodating and great teachers. As they have quite fluent English they were able to explain some technical nutritional information and cooking tips, making the class very informative for both novices and more experienced cooks in the class. The dishes shown can be easily replicated in a home kitchen, as they are homely dishes rather than 'haute cuisine'. You receive the recipes via email after the class. The venue is spacious, bright and airy making it a lovely environment to cook in and in an excellent location in the Kyoto commercial district. Definitely recommend Daidocoro... thank you Satsuki and Shinji!

Date of experience: April 2018
2  Thank aublee
Reviewed April 8, 2018

I had a wonderful experience learning how to make various Japanese dishes with Satsuki and Saki! The best part was a wonderful tour through Nishiki Market. I learned SO much about Japanese culture and food, picked up wonderful souvenirs, tried fabulous food thanks to her guidance and tips! It was one of my favorite parts of the trip!

Reviewed April 2, 2018

Our family decided to try this cooking class. I emailed the school with some questions, and they were helpful and responsive. Satsuki and Saki were also wonderful teachers/chefs. After the class, they kindly shared recipes and pictures with the participants. This was a unique experience, and one that all of us thoroughly enjoyed. Thank you Satsuki and Saki.

Reviewed March 24, 2018

We had 3 people in our class - myself, my husband, and our 11 month old son. The baby didn't help cook, but the space was very accommodating of his need to move around and play.

This was a wonderful experience and one of our favorite memories from our time in Japan. We were able to visit the market to learn what foods were, where they came from, and how to use them. Then we learned how to make the most amazing meal.

I would go back and do this again, and again. Incredible staff. We loved our host and teacher, Satsuki!!