“Excellent if you love little cats!”
Review of Neko Cafe TiME

Neko Cafe TiME
Ranked #5 of 61 Fun & Games in Kyoto
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Neko Cafe TiME is a cat cafe; a phenomenon indigenous to Japan, where you sit down and have a coffee or snack in the company of adorable cats. A must on any Kyoto visit; Neko Cafe TiME is located just 3 min away from Fushimi Inari Shrine!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Stairs / elevator, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage
Reviewed October 29, 2015

My wife loved this cafe! It is a soothing place to have coffee and pet a cat. They somehow keep the place very clean (saw a Roomba in the corner). The cafe also has air conditioning if you visit in the summer.

2  Thank pa_in_nyc
"japan"
"station"
"shoes"

Reviewed September 13, 2015

The cats are friendly, especially if you buy them treats. A great place to relax after walking around the shrine.

2  Thank Ben C
Reviewed July 17, 2015

I took my kids to this cat café after visiting the shrine down the road. Kids were hanging out to visit this place and I was curious to see what the fuss was all about. My first impression was one of disappointing as I assumed that since it was a café, they would serve food. However this was not the case at all. The place is just the one room and as we were the first to be there, it was great but then once people arrived, it was pretty cramped. In saying all this the kids loved their 20 mins with the cats. You pay per person and the length of time you stay with the cats. I also had to pay even though I did not interact with the cats and I was only there to supervise my children. I will say this was an interesting tourist spot but not keen to repeat the experience. I will go to my friend's place to see her cat for free next time

Reviewed June 20, 2015

the cats were a little uninterested in us when we first arrived, but as we'd only be there for 20 mins, I decided to buy a bag of cat treats for ¥180 to maximise my experience. The cats were all over me, most of them were gentle and patient as I fed them, but two of them can get a little snatchy, but the lady warned me of this. The cats are beautiful and there is a little sign that you can vote for your favourite cat. I loved it and would spend all day there if I could

2  Thank Jobeth87