Tripadvisor
Search
Open today: 9:30 AM - 5:30 PM

Ways to Experience Cooking Sun
More Info
All reviews bento box cooking class afternoon class japanese food dashi cooking school sushi rolls learning how learn how a lot of fun answered all our questions great introduction rice nishiki market highlight of our trip ingredients izakaya
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

This was so good!! Tasted amazing and we learnt so much about Japanese cooking. We were 8 people age 18-64 and everybody enjoyed it so much! One vegetarian and that was no problem either. The ladies who held the class were so kind and great teachers!

Reviewed December 28, 2019 via mobile

We LOVED our izakaya cooking class with Cooking Sun. We arrived a bit late (chose to walk from Gion, bit of a hike) and it was no issue for the hosts, they settled us right in and were so lovely throughout. The whole experience felt so authentic, they really want us to use these recipes again! We enjoyed all the food, especially the variation of sauces that are so easy and we can definitely make on our own. I didn’t partake in the sake but my husband did and we were definitely advised of the small extra fee for that so it was completely our choice. This was such a great way to break up the temple and garden sightseeing in Kyoto! Would do it again in a heartbeat.

Reviewed December 19, 2019

I did the Izakaya Cooking class earlier this month. It was fantastic. We really cooked a lot of dishes, and I learned about the basics of Japanese cuisine. It was all very tasty and I have some recipes to try at home. The instructor was very patient (even when I had to re-chop some veggies I had chopped wrong) and kept things moving along. Lotus root is my new favorite vegetable!

Reviewed December 4, 2019

We loved our cooking class at Cooking Sun! Our instructors made the experience really fun and easy with great tips and a relaxed environment! The two things I wish we could have done was eat throughout ( they had breaks built in when we would eat the food we prepared, but we would cook something and they would set it aside and it about killed me to see my food getting cold while I drooled!) secondly I wanted to have sake while we cooked! They did offer us sake at the end, but I cook when I drink!! Haha! But the kids (10&14) loved it and overall it was a great experience!

Reviewed December 1, 2019

Loved the experience.
There were two instructors that were both friendly. One was very much more organized and prepared than the other.

Lots of delicious and easy recipes. Would definitely do again.

Note: The saki that is offered to adults at the end is not included, though they don't tell you that until you leave.

Overall, well worth the experience.