“Lovely, comfortable, convenient location and insightful hosts”
Review of B & B Juno

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kyoto
B & B Juno
Ranked #9 of 124 B&Bs / Inns in Kyoto
San Francisco
“Lovely, comfortable, convenient location and insightful hosts”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

If you want to stay in a traditional but comfortable and thoughtfully decorated Japanese house and get an inside view on Japanese culture through the eyes of expats, this is the place. I wanted to stay in an affordable spot in a good location that still had style and character. Juno was all this and more. The hosts went out of their way to explain the ins-and-outs of Kyoto. They gave us city and bus maps, a sheet with nearby restaurant recommendations, and upon learning I was vegetarian, a sheet to give to restaurants that explained this in Japanese and English. The breakfast was yummy and such a welcome break from Japanese food and eating out for every meal. The conversations with the hosts were even better. They really helped us sort through all there was to do and see to find stuff aligned with our interests. Ian made reservations at a temple vegetarian restaurant, and they sweetly did my laundry. We loved this place more than any other spot we stayed during our 2 weeks in Japan. It's right next to a bus stop with buses going lots of convenient places and walking distance to a commuter rail line. The main street nearby has lots of interesting spots to check out - restaurants and cafes. We didn't see any need to stay downtown in the crowds.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
USA
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Our hosts were so helpful in giving us advice and information. The breakfast was wonderful and plentiful. The location was excellent because it is very near a bus stop. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank osuddg
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Booked all three rooms for 11 days during my stay here last here. Booked the place again this year when I return with other friends. Awesome place, the perfect accommodation choice. Lovely couple who could give you all the practical advice on where to explore in the beautiful old capital. Lovely traditional japanese house. Clean and with high speed wifi. Very personalized service and a cosy place with lots of good restaurants around the neighbourhood. We have come to see it as a home away from home. Will definitely return for a third time someday. :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Tel Aviv, Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed April 23, 2013

We stayed with Ian , Sybilia & Juno for a week. We had a spacious room (not that obvious in Japan!), with very comfortable futons, free wi-fi and a lovely tea & coffee station... The breakfast was great and they were very thoughtfull about different diet requests. Staying there was not like staying in a hotel where you just eat and sleep, we got a lot of great information about Kyoto and Japan in general.

• Stayed April 2013
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 5, 2013

The property is about 20 minutes by bus from central Kyoto but the stop is 20m from the front door so the trip is an easy one. It is just 5 minutes walk from the north end of the philosopher's path and first temple. The accomodation is traditional and charming. Your hosts are welcoming and willing to share their local knowledge. You are provided with a street map and public transport guide and as much or as little help as you want.
I would not stay anywhere else in Kyoto, regardless of cost (the price is a real bargain for Japan).

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
san francisco
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I stayed at the B & B Juno for the last three days of my first trip to Japan (solo) and I loved it!

Clean, helpful, fun, friendly, welcoming are just the start of things I would say about this lovely location! My goal was a relaxing base to jump off to visiting all the things in Kyoto I wanted to see, and it was perfect.

My room was cozy, clean and restful, with a tiny balcony and a large window over the futon. I LOVED the breakfast that came with the room, amazing and tasty western style meal to get me going for the day.

The location was wonderful, I rented a bike from a shop nearby and rode all over town for days- the map that the B & B gave me was VERY helpful, and I can honestly say that due to that silly little map- I did not get lost even once. (I was constantly lost in Tokyo and Nara!)

I wish I could go back to Kyoto and stay at this lovely and welcoming B & B again, and I whole heartedly recommend this place for anyone looking for a great, relaxing home away from home.

Room Tip: Try to get the room with the little, tiny balcony- it's the best!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank kelleigh t
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I stayed here with some friends in June 2012.

B&B Juno is one of the best Bed & Breakfast guesthouse i have ever stayed.

Location
B&B Juno is located near to the Silver Pavilion. This is excellent as it lies in a quiet environment, far from the bustling noise of the city center. Yet, it is easily accessible to the main station and other sights, as there is a bus stop just 3 minutes walk away. There are many reasonably priced restaurants that offers delicious Japanese cuisine in the area, such as Kamon or the orange tent at night. Of course, if you are into the public bathing culture, there is a local public bathhouse in the vicinity. There is also a convenience stall nearby which you can buy transportation cards for your travels in Kyoto.

Room
The whole house and rooms are decorated in the traditional Japanese style, with futon mattress. Ian and Sybilla has added extra cushion on the futon mattress so that you won't have a backache from sleeping on it. The toilets were clean. Fast and free wifi is provided.

The breakfast prepared by Ian & Sybilla were always sumptuous, with bread, orange juice, coffee, snacks, etc.

What sets B&B Juno from the rest is their service attitude and friendliness towards guest. Upon arrival, Ian and Sybilla (the owners) were more than willing to provide us travel tips and also gave us suggestions on where we can go for our lunch and dinner.

In addition, they were very nice folks to chat with, especially Sybilla, who always have a lot to share about her perspective on the Japanese society. Ian, who had been a lecturer in one of Kyoto university, is also willing to share his experiences and knowledge on the Japanese culture. By chatting with them, you will definitely have a more in-depth understanding on the complexities of the Japanese society, culture and its people.

Overall
In summary, i would definitely recommend B&B Juno to anyone who is traveling to Kyoto. Kyoto itself is a beautiful city, with rich history and heritage, and not forgetting really good food.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank JunJieL_12