“Fabulous Experience”

Ranked #92 of 369 Hotels / Ryokan in Kyoto
Frederick, Maryland
“Fabulous Experience”
Reviewed April 21, 2006

I spent 4 nights at this hotel Ryokan in Kyoto. Rooms were large, Japanese style with tatami mats and futons. They also provided nice Japanese robes (yakatas) and more formal jackets that go over the robes - so it was an instant feeling of "I am in JAPAN". Very clean with a little safe and refrigerator in each room. The staff put away the futons each morning and then set up the breakfast trays - always with a little hibatchi on which they cooked a fish, or ham and eggs, or a tofu "stew:, along with fruit, small plates of vegetables, rice, miso soup, etc.....It was interesting and exotic every morning.

The location was very good. On a VERY small street with lots of little shops, etc and yet only several blocks from major streets and the metro stations.

Hotel staff was WONDERFUL. Most were competent in English, but not fluent so it was fun communicating; they were very helpful with directions, etc. When we left, three of the staff accompanied us out to the taxi, thanking us the entire time. I felt as though I were leaving the home of a long-lost relative after a 4 day stay - not a hotel whre I had never previously stayed.

I did not try the communal bath because I was too busy with other things and had tried an onsen in Northern Japan. But, in retrospect, I wish I had so I could share the experience here.

I would definitely recommend the Hotel Matsui Ryokan, especially to first-times in Kyoto.

9 Thank Keith58

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Travelers also viewed these Kyoto hotels
Matsui Honkan Ryokan
#38 of 369 in Kyoto
Kinparo
Kinparo
#141 of 369 in Kyoto

Been to Matsui Bekkan Hanakanzashi? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Matsui Bekkan Hanakanzashi

Property: Matsui Bekkan Hanakanzashi
Address: 126 Horinouecho, Nakagyo-Ku | Rokkaku Takakura Higashi Iru, Kyoto 604-8117, Kyoto Prefecture
Location: Japan > Kinki > Kyoto Prefecture > Kyoto > City Center , Kawaramachi / Karasuma / Shijo Omiya
Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Room Service Wheelchair access
Ranked #92 of 369 Hotels / Ryokan in Kyoto
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): $$$
Hotel Class:4 star — Matsui Bekkan Hanakanzashi 4*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Ctrip TA, JAPANiCAN, Rakuten, Priceline, Agoda, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Matsui Bekkan Hanakanzashi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.