Kyoto sites are quite dispersed, so regardless where you stay there will be quite a number of "trips" across town. The advantages of this hotel on the eastern side of the town are
- a 15+ minute walk or a five minute taxi (or slightly longer bus) ride from the JR station
- modern and - a huge plus in Japan - spacious rooms which offer sufficient wardrobe space
- a relatively large bathroom, with seperate toilet, and a large shower area with a tub, again not common in most Japanese Hotels.
- the quietness of the area and
- its vicinity (next door) to Sanjusankendo Tempel.
It is not far from the river and you can even walk (about 20min) north to the Gion and Karawamachi area.
The service is "usual Japanese", i.e. polite, efficient and most of the staff speak sufficient English.
So if you look for a convenient, quiet location and prefer to be able to unpack your suitcase and to be able to turn around in your sink and shower without hitting a wall, this is the place to be!
The only outage was that we had reserved a non-smoking room, at check-in before lunch the receptionist told us that they have reserved a non-smoking room, but when we were shown to the room in the afternoon it was a smoking room. They corrected the mistake quickly and served us coffee in the meantime, but one "point" less in the overall rating....
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, JAPANiCAN, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Orbitz, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Rakuten, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Kyoto reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Kyoto Hotel Kyoto
- Kyoto Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Kyoto