I am an American traveler and stay at Westins frequently. This is not a typical Westin and I would not recommend it, though it wasn't terrible. Here are some pros and cons:
1. Very near a subway station and a number of the key sites (Temples) in Kyoto
2. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful
1. The rooms/furniture are tired and old. In my first room (more below), the carpet looked like it hadn't been updated since the 1970s and the bathroom wasn't much better. The second room I was in was weird -- it was huge, but had an empty, strange feeling to it.
2. I was in a non-smoking room, but the hotel put me on a floor with a number of smoking rooms. I could smell smoke in my room. The staff did move to another room for my second night, but it was a hassle. I was also given free breakfast, which was definitely not up standard of international hotels (but I shouldn't complain too much).
I get the feeling that there aren't very many hotels in Kyoto, so this hotel has been able to get by without investing in a renovation. I think a lot of local weddings are held here. Not the worst hotel experience I've had, but certainly not a typical Westin.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Western-style 11-story Hotel located amid Japanese gardens, 5 miles from train station & 31 miles from Kansai Int'l Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Rakuten, Agoda, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Westin Miyako Kyoto reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Miyako Kyoto Hotel Kyoto
- Westin Miyako Kyoto
- Westin Kyoto
- Kyoto Westin