Lowest prices for your stay
$46
Free cancellation until 10/30/21
Priceline
Hotels.com$46
travelup.com$76
All reviews great location nice hotel tiny bathroom buffet breakfast the ground floor double room the hotel offers imperial palace business hotel exit japan
Selected filters
Reviewed November 12, 2018 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights in a triple room as part of a package tour. The hotel and room seemed dated, room size with 3 twin beds felt small. The AC didn’t seem to work the first night but was rectified the second night after we informed the front desk. The bathroom was small, didn’t seem to have any fan/ventilation and has a bad musky and moldy odor. We had to leave the bathroom door open to air out the bathroom. The location is very good, right on Shijo Station and about 8mins walk to Nishiki market and Teramachi shopping street. Along the way there is Daimaru and Tokyu Hands. As it is part of a package we couldn’t tell if we are just getting what we paid for. Starbucks onsite.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank 7Makarios
Reviewed November 6, 2018

We were booked into this hotel for 2 nights as part of a 3 day tour to Nara and Kyoto from Tokyo. Initially we were disappointed to be so far from the lively main train station with its shopping and restaurants but realized on our free day how great the location is..minutes from the Main Street with its many shopping arcades, the fabulous food market and 10 minutes to cross the river into the older part of the city, and the subway was right next door. However the hotel itself was disappointing. The entrance looked promising but on second glance, very tired with zero atmosphere. Lobby lounge/bar was in basement, dark and unwelcoming. Restaurants were empty. No life at all.
The room was an okay size for one person if you were organized. Bathroom very small and only one large and one small towel provided. Decor and fixtures were all very basic. However, the bed was comfy and surprisingly, the pillows were excellent! It was very quiet which was good for sleeping but we did feel at times that we were alone in the hotel! Staff was pleasant with basic English only so were not great at answering questions or directing to restaurants etc. So, if you want location and not much more, then this would be an okay choice for you.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed October 1, 2018

The location is perfect, right on Shijo and very close to nishiki market, we walked every where. The room was nice and big. We were on the 14th floor and watching trami typhoon safely. The hotel has a Chinese restaurant where I finally found something vegan for me to eat. The bathroom was tiny and outdated but we didn’t really care. I’m allergic to feathers and when I asked for a pillow that’s synthetic I got a rock hard buckwheat filled one, that bummed me out. All in all it wasn’t bad and the staff was very nice and helpful. Some floors were for smokers and stank really bad even if the elevator just opened for a minute on that floor.

Room tip: Choose a room on a high floor on a non smoking floor
Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Ayelet B
Reviewed September 9, 2018

I first time I came to Karasuma Kyoto was about 6 years ago. I loved it then and continue to love it now. The location is very central, on several bus routes and right next to a subway station. It's an easy walk to the shopping streets. Rooms are clean, quiet and a good size for a Japanese hotel. I travelled on my own, and had a double room to myself, but it could be a little squishy if I was travelling with a partner. Would come back again, and will continue to recommend this hotel to my friends. I'm a non-smoker and (unusual for Asia) the room had not a trace of cigarette smoke smell.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed August 11, 2018 via mobile

Nice hotel quite near the center, 10m walk to the river, just next to a metro stop and close to many restaurants. Rooms are a little small so it won’t be so easy to open your suitcases but it’s nice and clean and in a good location

Date of stay: August 2018