Kyoto Hana Hotel
  • Restaurant
Kitanoya(Kyoto)
Hotel Mume(Kyoto)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfoot massagersanjo stationgion districtgreat locationsamurai kembusubway travelwithin walking distanceconvenience storeshort walkclean tidysimple hotelrecommend this hotelsame blockgreat accesstransport linkslarge bedgoogle maps
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 18, 2014

We liked the position of the hotel: very close to Gion and to the metro station (50 mt). The rooms are wide, clean and very comfortable. The staff are really kind and always smiling and ready to help you for every thing (reserving a table in a restaurant, suggest you one of them...).
Only the fridge in our room was a little noisy!

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank fjek
Reviewed August 14, 2014

I was in Japan for 2 weeks and stayed at Kyoto Hana Hotel for 4 nights in late July 2014. It was the best hotel of my trip. I don't normally care to do reviews but this time I kind of feel like they deserve it.

The staff, while I was there, were young, pleasant, friendly, courteous and eager to help. All smiles. You kind of expect that of hotel staff anywhere but the reality is not so. Here, it even feels genuine. There are several examples could give but suffice it to say that I was happy enough to extend my stay by 1 night. Importantly, those that I encountered are able to speak passable English.

Its location I think is excellent, near a nice river. Plenty of places are walk-able from the hotel. 5-10 minutes south to the Gion district. In the northeast are Heian Shrine, Eikan-dō Zenrin-ji etc. To the west, there's Nijo Castle, Nishiki Market, etc. Across the river is a whole shopping arcade with plenty of shops and restaurants. My point is that there are many things to do and places to visit within walking distance from the hotel. Honestly, I am not sure if I'd be able to find a "better location". In my estimation, it is surely better than being around Kyoto station.

Perhaps the one con about it's location is that there are no restaurants in its immediate vicinity that open till late. But there is a convenience store next door and just across the river are plenty of shops and restaurants.

The room is clean, simple and pleasant. I did not feel that it was too small or anything. Considering that we're talking about Japan, it's decent. A nice feature is the foot massager in the room which you do not have to pay to use. Small but adequate cupboard to put your stuff. Free wi-fi available in room, although the connection is sometimes not steady. Did not try their breakfast. Can't say I have any complaints really.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
4  Thank CImperator
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Hotel Hana is, while not completely central, is still very well located, being very close to Gion and some great restaurants in the opposite direction. The rooms were clean and the staff were friendly.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Paul K
Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here during cherry blossom time. Excellent location, friendly staff with clean comfy rooms. Highly recommended and very close to the trendy nightlife area with many restaurants within walking distance

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank aussieray1
Reviewed July 29, 2014

The Hana Hotel was a great place to stay. It was impeccably clean and well stocked. The location was easily accessible to locations in the Gion/Higashiyama area by bus or by walking. The immediate neighborhood is calm, but you can easily walk to more nightlife/restaurant areas. The staff spoke English well and were genuinely eager to help. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends