“Amazing”

$104.33*
Fushimi Inari and Sake Brewery Tour
Ranked #1 of 1,134 things to do in Kyoto
More attraction details
Owner description: This shrine is one of many located throughout Japan that was built to honor Inari, the Shinto god of rice.
Reviewed March 5, 2013

When in Kyoto, even for working, if you have time. Go there. If you are travelling, it must be a part of your trip.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

The shrine is located just across the road from the JR Inari station which is 2 stops on the local train from Kyoto station. This shrine is unique because there are a series of beautiful orange gates inside the complex. Overall, a very nice experience and worth the travel out of Kyoto.

1  Thank SwethaVR
Reviewed March 1, 2013

This place is brilliant. Ok make sure you take you're time, go through the paths up the mountain. The Toris are beautiful, I ran through them like from Memories of a geisha. XD It brought me back to the movie. The shrine itself is of course beautiful but what i liked more was going through the little forest of little shrines at the top. If you need a break there is a tea house and small restaurant, my opinion, bring a bento and eat it at the top looking for the city. I went in spring so cherry blossoms were out and the foliage in full bloom. And be careful on your way down. Me and my parents took a back road and got lost on the other side of the mountain. But it was fine since we got a chance to meet a random british woman and walk through an old neighbourhood which was beautiful!

2  Thank mysticarrow
Reviewed March 1, 2013

My wife and I had a brilliant time re-enacting the running scene from the movie!

Joking aside, this place was incredibly serene when we went late afternoon (we managed to sleep through the alarm till lunchtime!). The further up you go the more quiet/eery it felt. But I loved it.

We used our JR pass to get from Kyoto main station to Fushimi Inari stn. Took all of 5 mins on the train. The entrance to the shrine is right opposite the station's only exit. So you won't get lost!

2  Thank hellobayo
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Wow, words can't even describe how much I loved this place.
I had been dreaming of coming here for years, and I was not let down!
I think you could spend a good half day here. It's really quite a unique experience, and a nice change from just viewing temples. I only made it about half way up the gates (since this was our last stop from a full day of sight seeing)

I'd recommend taking enough time to visit this amazing place. I did feel a bit rushed since I had to see all of Kyoto in only one day

1  Thank Jroy32