Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM

from $134.70
from $85.50
from $89.80
7,811 results
All reviews golden pavilion gold leaf sunny day school children tea house kyoto station take pictures entrance fee beautiful garden early in the morning reflection temple tourists pond japan kinkakuji beauty
Reviewed yesterday

Such a beautiful temple, picturesque and worth the visit. That said, even at sunset there were literally hundreds of people pushing with their selfie sticks to take photos. It made it less enjoyable. But still a must see.

Reviewed yesterday

Absolutely stunning temple. We got there early, about an hour after it opened on a weekday, and the crowds were not bad. Took the bus from the hotel, it was a very easy but slow ride as the traffic in Kyoto can be heavy.

Reviewed 2 days ago

The crowds at this temple were almost too much for me but I'm glad I suffered them to see this magnificent sight. I can see why this is a popular temple as it is stunning. I did not stay terribly long due to the crowds so recommend you pick your time of day to visit to avoid the squeeze.

1  Thank jowells8
Reviewed 2 days ago

always busy but there is a reason. a beautiful setting! easy to get to on the bus. the JR rail pass is not very useful in Kyoto.

Reviewed 2 days ago

Absolutely beautiful temple however was very very busy the day we visited, still worth the wait for photos.

Reviewed 2 days ago

We came here on a private tour 30th of Oct '18 around midday, hx of this temple is very interesting, gardens are lovely and it's certainly unique given it's coated in real gold leaf. It was veryyyyy busy when we went, we found out throughout the tour that this is one of the wealthiest temples, it seemed to have more of a focus on making money than the others we visited. I'm glad we came here but if I came back it would be during the early morning to avoid crowds.

Reviewed 3 days ago via mobile

Stunning building, stunning grounds, I can see why this is number 1 thing to do ! No faults whatsoever ever.

It’s 3 stops on the bus from the station and it’s a flat fair per person, no change given, 230 yen per person. You can get a 201, 202 or a 205 bus, remember you board at the back and pay and leave at the front of the bus.

Reviewed 3 days ago via mobile

Nice setting for the pictures but this place is constantly crowded, even right after the opening. I’m always surprised how little time I spend here every visit. All in all, less than 30min.
The loud tourists, the constant crowd and the traffic officers leading you on the one-way path like a sheep herd make it impossible to find any serenity here.
Kinkaku-ji temple or Golden Pavilion, remains one of the most - if not the most - famous postcard temples of Kyoto. I would recommend going on a sunny day to the extent possible. The temple is truly shining then.
I took a few pictures of the crowd around 9.30am on a weekday. That’s just half an hour after the gates opened! It’s still less crowded than later during the day or on weekends.
Still a must see on a visit to Kyoto. But be prepared for a rush tour and you will probably have to queue for the best photo spots on the site.
Be patient, stay calm and go once you’re done with your pictures. This is really not a place you wanna spend time in.

Reviewed 3 days ago

We visited on a beautiful sunny day which made the experience more amazing. The sun reflecting from the golden temple was breathtaking, sadly because its such a holy place the temple itself is not open to the public. That does not detract from the amazing site of the temple surrounded by a traditional Japanese garden which in itself is a sight to behold. Well worth a visit.

Reviewed 3 days ago via mobile

Fantastic... I need to add more words for a review... Fantastic fantastic and fantastic

In November the Autumn colours are stunning