Lowest prices for your stay
$36
Free cancellation until 10/24/21
Booking.com$45
eDreams$45
Orbitz.com$36
All reviews great location train station single room hotel location your luggage buses
Selected filters
Reviewed August 24, 2012

no proper window, but can get fresh air, very small but comfortable standard room for 1 person, for 2 persons get the deluxe rooms. good lights and air condition. straight opposite from railwaystationand tourist information. very friendly and helpful staff. good free Wifi in lobby. many tourist guidebooks in lobby.

Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed August 22, 2012

The hotel is located in very good location near JR Kyoto station and Kyoto bus stop. We stayed in small double type room. The room is a little bigger than typical business hotel. However, it is still too small for western people to stay as a couples. Room is tidy and clean. Hotel staffs are very helpful and willing to answer your question (but my wife ask them in japanese so not sure about their english skill). My room is on fifth floor and close to the elevator however luckily we did not hear any noise from the elevator.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Just checked in today and the reception staff and their manager did not have any training in hospitality at all.When complaining that my room had no window,the answer was that they never promissed there should be one. I have the strong impression that the room where I and my wife have been checked in is a single room.The information in the hotel shows that 135 rooms out of the available 188 rooms are single. So be aware if you book a room in this hotel the changes are more than 71% it will be an single.

I spend half me life of staying in hotels but this one is the worst I have ever stayed in!

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Ger707
Reviewed August 11, 2012

+ Location is perfect
+ The Team is really friendly and always smiling

- Check-in is 15.00 - no discussion or you have to pay a surcharge
- The rooms were too small - and the bathroom ceiling only 195cms - so I touched it...
- We had a small window but hardly any daylight came in - as A/C was in front of it

I would not come back to be honest!

Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank pinkilly2
Reviewed August 9, 2012

The hotel staff was excellent, their English was surprisingly good! The rooms we clean and a decent size. We had 3 sharing and didnt feel cramped at all. Unless you like traditional Japanese breakfast, getting this included can end up being pointless. The staff had some reccomendations for places to eat and drink, one of them didnt work out though. The izakaya "Sesame" offered to seat us for a 500 yen table fee, a not so subtle hint that westerners were'nt welcome. Kyoto is a great city though and that type of bigotry was not at all common from my experiance. The Gion district is very active in the evenings, lots of bars and good restaraunts. Over all though this was an excellent hotel, I highly reccomend it as long as you understand its a 'base of operations' and not a luxury resort.

Room tip: Most Japanese hotels provide basic things like a toothbrush, paste, soap, shampoo etc so no need to pack those along!
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends