APA Hotel Kyoto Eki Horikawadori
Wakamiya(Kyoto)
  • Bar/Lounge
Ryokan
View Hotel
All reviewstop floortypical business hotelsingle roompost officeroom was clean and comfortablebuffet stylesmall fridgethe buskyoto towerconvenience storeshort staylocation is excellentcomfortable stayonsensaunayenkettle
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Good location ,it's 8min walk to Kyoto station.but the room is so small ,no adaptor for couple day. Japanese bathroom on top floor .its good for 1-day stay with small luggage .Limited English ..Japanese restaurant on ground floor .parking machine with $15000yen (unlimited in &out) for a night .

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 12, 2013

The location of the hotel is near and round the corner of the Kyoto railway station. It comes with basic facilities is similar to other cities hotel (which mean nothing like what you expected as a Japanese style room). The room is small and so is the toilet. However, the room does come with television but not safe deposit box (if you need either of this or both). The room does have a fridge for use. There is no specific cupboard, however it does has a space for hanging clothing. The hotel does have an elevator. It also allows free storage of your luggage. It has a quiet environment for a good night rest. The Main Railway Station is about 10-mins walking distance and also there are a few stores before reaching the hotel. The hotel lobby and room come with free wifi. The spa or public bath area is bigger than its sister hotel in Osaka. It has an indoor and outdoor pool. The hotel also has lesser floor then its sister hotel in Osaka which translate to lesser people using the public bath area.

Room Tip: Try to get the bigger room then selecting the smaller room.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 11, 2013

On 4/1/2013 I stayed at this property and was delighted. Check in was prompt, even though there was a line of several people wanting to check in. It was cherry blossom season and the weather was fine, so there were many people wanting to check in and enjoy the great weather. I gave this property a 3 rating for a few reasons. First, though the rooms in Japan generally are rather small anywhere you go compared to European/Western standards, the room I was assigned on the 7th floor seemed painstakingly small, or smaller than normal. I also noticed that the duvet or top quilts seemed rather, well to put it bluntly, out dated. Also, the bed was, to put it politely, solid (hard). I do not mean this as a "complaint" per se because most Japanese sleep on the floor (also solid) on futon and tatami mats. The "bed" was more like a boxspring rather than a mattress. I am comparing my experience to other chain hotels in Japan, so I may be a bit bias however I am writing this review without viewing others before me. I did not experience the breakfast.
Good points; good water pressure, good check in, and the hotel stored my bags for me after I checked out. This was kind and thoughtful and I appreciated not having to carry my things everywhere on my last day. So, three stars.

Room Tip: Shop around. Cheap tickets, Expedia, Booking.com
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 7, 2013

On our first attempt at trying to find the hotel it took us a little longer, however once we mastered the route it is so close to the train station. As we were exploring kyoto and the surrounding area everyday this was very handy. The rooms are quite small, this is normal for Japanese hotels. So moving round your room with all your stuff was a little bit tricky. Check in was quick and staff seemed helpful. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank shreevie
Reviewed March 24, 2013

This hotel has a great location - 5 min walk from Kyoto station. I stayed there 4 times during my trips, always booking a room with breakfast option. At 70,000 yen per night, not bad at all. The room is small, typical for a business hotel. Window opens. There is a coin operated washer and dryer in the changing room of the communal bath on the top floor. Toiletries include shampoo, conditioner, soap, disposable razor, disposable toothbrush with toothpaste, and hair brush. Slippers are provided with disposable paper inserts. Iron is available upon request. Yukata is also provided. The breakfast is buffet style, with plenty Japanese and Western selections. Staff communicates in English well. The best for me is the big bath on the top floor. There is a large hot bath indoors, a sauna, cold bath, and a smaller hot bath outdoors. Wonderful and empty at 6 a.m., busier in the evenings but I never had an instance where it was too crowded. I always pick this hotel because of the hot bath, and I am always absolutely satisfied.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo