The staff were all extremely friendly, and a great deal of effort was put into making this a comfortable stay for travellers. The garden was pretty, and the breakfast room was in a lovely setting.
Breakfast was good - decent toast and coffee! But expensive for what it was.
The plus points of the ryokan:
- Pretty setting, with a lovely tranquil garden
- Extremely friendly and knowledgeable staff - they provide great information and have put together some really good tour routes around Kyoto
- Good continental-style breakfast
- Good information provided in rooms (which we used to find a really fantastic dinner experience).
- Decor is looking pretty tired
- There is a strict curfew
- Both my husband and I are tall, and we were unable to safely walk around the bathroom - dangerous in the night!
- Rather inexplicably, our room had a ricepapered window leading on to the corridor, which had a light on outside - we ended up having to rig up a cover for the window so that we could sleep in darkness.
- It is very pricey for what it is - despite the good service positives, on being presented with the bill, you will not feel you have had good value
- Go for a day out in Nara - fabulous temples and the Golden Buddha is not to be missed. You'll tick a whole load of World Heritage Sites off your bucket list!
- Eat at the Hotel Fujita "Oomi" steakhouse, in the most beautiful hidden garden. You will need to take out a mortgage, but it will be worth it and you will dream about the steak for the rest of your trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The place is reported to have had a fire on Aug 23, 2012. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- 3 Sisters Inn Annex
- Three Sisters Inn Annex Hotel Kyoto
- Three Sisters Inn Kyoto