Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Priceline$158
FindHotel
Destinia.com
Trip.com
Hotels.com
All reviews subway line hotel restaurants breakfast buffet including breakfast japanese standards spacious room conference station
Selected filters
Reviewed September 8, 2019

I should have stayed at the Hyatt, but wanted to be near the conference venue. This hotel has really zero amenities and staff do not speak English for the greater part. From the room size (I want whomever did the glamour photos of the rooms to take mine) which were smaller and with zero amenities save for a mini, mini fridge. No shower really, space not luxury for the price paid. I booked through Travelocity so I didn't pay 3x room price that other conference goers did through Nippon Travel Services associated with the International Museum conference. All television in rooms was only Japanese, save for the one voice of america english teaching program--which obviously no one watched. Hotel kept hot and muggy-very uncomfortable. The ridiculous lounge was a joke! At the height of the evening they would put out one four inch round of brie and about 8 saltine crackers. Nothing else except for some tiny pretzel things. No alcohol unless you wanted cheap Chilean red or white. I asked for prosecco and they told me they were suddenly "out" host watches all like a hawk. After I insisted, they "found" a bottle I have never been in a lounge with zero business services, zero food and such lousy management of attitudes. I could not believe that the so called lounge closed at 9pm How the host could claim that he expected maybe two to four people in the lounge belies the fact that the hotel was supposedly "sold out" Breakfast was dismal- no omelets, mostly cheap smelly fish, puddings and a croissant. Even though most guests were western, they tend to just put out little bits of Asian food. This is NOT the quality I expected in an expensive international conference hotel. no hotel shuttle to airport, no pool, no gym, no happy hour, nada. no services. It would have been nice if they shuttled people down the street and across to the conference center since it was highly hot and highly humid---but no one bothered. I was made to rent a double room when all I wanted was a single--and they had them but not for conference folks. It was flat out a horrid experience!

Room tip: Go to the Hyatt instead.
3  Thank virginiacurry
Reviewed September 7, 2019

If you're looking for quite, tranquil place to hide from the noise of urban living-this is the place to be.
the rooms are quite big, the service staff are ok and the view from the window is eye refreshing

Date of stay: August 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with RCI
1  Thank ingmarboutique
Reviewed September 6, 2019 via mobile

We spent two nights here on a group tour. Rooms were spacious with comfortable beds. Staff were very helpful and there was a choice of three restaurants.
For us the restaurants were quite expensive but one night we ate at the Chinese restaurant. The food was delicious however the servings were small by western standards.
Happy hour was very disappointing. Reading the small print we realised that we needed to be seated at the bar to get half price drinks. Unfortunately there are only 8 seats at the bar and when friends joined us we were not allowed to pull up two more seats and we were refused cheaper drinks if we sat away. I found the attitude unbelievable.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank hmt002
Reviewed September 2, 2019

Spacious rooms, professional staff, very quiet and conveniently located near the subway station. There is a café, a good bar and two three restaurants (none really vegetarian friendly). It is the best place if you need to stay close to the conference center.

1  Thank eballix
Reviewed August 31, 2019

We had mixed feelings about the Grand Prince Hotel Kyoto, primarily due to a very unpleasant experience while booking in. Our booking had been completed through Booking.com, which the staff at the hotel initially refused to recognize. It took almost 45 minutes to complete check-in and this was done successfully only after we were able to show written documentation from Booking.com.

Breakfast was uninspired and repetitive. Cereal and bread choices were quite poor and cheeses were not offered. The room we had had no desk or office chair; no coffee maker and did not provide body lotion. These omissions were surprising in a 5-star venue.

Access to the lounge definitely made our stay more enjoyable and this should be checked before completing your booking.

Room tip: Our room facing the Convention Center was quiet, although I imagine that most rooms in this venue are quiet.
Date of stay: August 2019