“Fantastic”

Gear Art Complex 1928
Ranked #3 of 28 Concerts & Shows in Kyoto
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: "GEAR” is the first non-verbal performance originated in Japan.The world-class performers of mime, breakin', magic trick, and juggle presents a lovely story of a toy named “Doll” transforming a human girl through the various communications with an android named “Roboroid.”This performance is set without any “words,” just being compounded with the action, dance, expression, music, and images satisfying all the senses. And also, this performance is filled with the exciting materials. Stage setting gives an illusion loosing the way in the factory, or feeling like blown off by a gust of wind. And the contemporary technologies like the projection mapping, sparkling full colored LED dresses, and specially customized laser beams with 16million colors present everyone inexperienced impressions. Since started in the April 2014, this performance had a long run of 600 times and 30,000 audiences.
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fantastic”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

This show was perfect for me and my friends as we did not speak Japanese. The set was amazing, with so many moving parts and over all extremely visually simulating. The talents of each of the robots was worked into the storyline extremely well. I felt it was a fantastic way to experience Japanese culture. The plot was easy to follow despite no dialog, as well as remaining captivating throughout the show, I was not bored or conscious of the time at any stage. Overall i was extremely impressed and would recommend this show to literally anybody.

Visited March 2014
4 Thank Daniel C

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great Show!”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

This show was awesome! Great display of talent by the performers with an interesting plot, very entertaining! Also, as it's non-verbal, I didn't have to worry about the fact that I don't speak much Japanese.

Visited March 2014
3 Thank StuartJames90
rino1928, マネージャー at Gear Art Complex 1928, responded to this review, June 10, 2014

I'm glad to enjoyed it.

West Hollywood, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“GO SEE GEAR”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

GEAR is a brilliant, modern piece of theatre that is at once very Japanese AND universal in its themes and messages. Also? Highly entertaining. I saw it twice (once in previews and once for the real thing) and I cried both times. It filled me with a sense of wonder, and made an intimate connection between me and the characters. So fun, and so beautiful!

Visited July 2013
4 Thank LadyAstralis
rino1928, マネージャー at Gear Art Complex 1928, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Thank you for coming to our performance show!

We are glad you were to understand the story of us.

China
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“great performance!”
Reviewed May 6, 2014

occasionally found it before I went to Kyoto and ended up as a great experience! me and my wife like it!

Visited May 2014
6 Thank Guang L
rino1928, マネージャー at Gear Art Complex 1928, responded to this review, May 23, 2014

I'm glad to enjoyed it.

Singapore
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Fun for all ages and languages”
Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

We didn't know what to expect and were enjoyably surprised by the dance, mime, magic, juggling and lights show. Kind of a Kyoto Blueman Group with less music and no paint. Our 12 and 15 year-olds liked it too! A change of pace from Temples and gardens.

8 Thank Crocodee
rino1928, マネージャー at Gear Art Complex 1928, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Thank you for coming to our performance show!

I'm glad to enjoyed for children.