The Royal Park Hotel Kyoto Sanjo
$235
$481
$235
Agoda.com
Hotel Monterey Kyoto(Kyoto)(Great Value!)
$415
$209
Hotels.com
$465
$213
Trip.com
Citadines Karasuma-Gojo Kyoto(Kyoto)(Great Value!)
$253
$324
$174
  • Free Internet
1,617 results
All reviewsgreat locationnishiki marketpremium floorfrench bakerygion districtwalking distancerain showercorner roomcentral locationlaundry roompontocho alleyexcellent hotelshopping arcademodern hotelthe hotel staffrestaurants and barsthe bus
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 30, 2012

This hotel was only a 5 minute walk from Sanjo station - a relief as we struggled with our bags having arrived from Tokyo. This hotel is fabulously central to everything. Its very stylish and modern and the staff were always helpful and professional. The room was really small however not helped by the fact that three of us (husband wife and teenage daughter) all shared a room. Once suitcases were I. We literally could not move in the tiny room. However notwithstanding that there is no wardrobe space at all. However it was super clean and new and we enjoyed our stay there.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 27, 2012

This is a recently opened hotel of moderate size, hence all the fittings are brand new. Housekeeping does an excellent job on cleaning the room. I had a smallish room at the back with a view of a fire-escape (my friend had a view of a wall). I did not worry too much as I was there for a conference and assumed that this was a typical size. I thought of moving but decided not too. Only on leaving did I discover that the front rooms with the street view were much larger, had a larger better appointed bathroom and were of the size of say a decent SE Asian hotel.

Having said that, the hotel is very good. There is a restaurant in the basement. I only had breakfast, which offers Japanese, Asian and western cuisine. The western is proper western with proper croissants, baguettes and quality jam and butter. The coffee is also very good.

The location is good - a short walk from the underground station. There are many shops and eating places nearby.

I can thoroughly recommend this hotel and would stay there again if I ever return to Kyoto.

Room Tip: Ask for a front room (maybe more expensive and noisier). The back rooms have no view.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 26, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for three nights during our visit to Kyoto. The Royal Park is in the heart of Kyoto and its location is probably the best thing it has going for it. Room was small, as I had expected it to be, however it was clean and had all the mod-cons plus some great bonuses - humidifier/air-purifier. One major downside was that an iron was not available for our entire stay. Service levels were consistent with that of a 3 star hotel, although I had been expecting higher; for instance no help was ever offered for our luggage at check-in or check-out. Overall I would recommend this hotel especially if you are visiting Kyoto to sightsee or if you find a reasonable rate.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank EPScarlata
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I just loved the hotel! the location was great- right in the center- just 10 minutes from Gion. The room was big and new. everything was sparkling clean and so classic - it was one of the best hotels we stayed in during our trip to japan. Moreover- the price was reasonable and the staff helped us so much! loved it.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2012

The best hotel I have stayed at in a long time. I can offer nothing but commendation for ths hotel and staff. They all have great English and knowledge of the city. They offer fantastic information for a first time visitor to Kyoto. I'm lucky to stay on the premium floor which is fantastic. Beautiful and spacious by japanese standards. The hotel is also centrally located for exploring the Gion area (10 min walk away). There is s fabulous sushi restaurant 5mins from the hotel towards Kenjaio station (look for window display of sushi options). I honestly cant recommend this hotel enough!

Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo