All reviews an art gallery kujo station yogurt minute walk boutique hotel laundry room semi double room definitely stay at this hotel again lawson convenience store hotel bar wooden bathtub nice breakfast stayed here for nights smoking room lounge area comfortable stay japanese hotels
Selected filters
Reviewed May 1, 2019

I love how the boutique hotel tries to be different from the usual chain hotels in Japan. The location might not be as central as those around Kyoto station, but it is only 1 train stop away and the neighbourhood is quiet and safe. The staff speaks moderate to good English and is extremely helpful. The room which I stayed in (twin room) was surprisingly large by Japanese standards and very comfortable. There's also a laundry room at the lobby for our use, without the need to put in any detergent. Although breakfast options nearby the hotel might not be as many, you can easily take a train to Kyoto station where there's ample choices. All in all, I would recommend this hotel for couples and families to stay in at Kyoto.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank HoiW2000
Reviewed April 30, 2019 via mobile

The Anteroom Kyoto features a simple and clean style but with personality and artistic touch.
Rooms offer more space than average and are very well organised to exploit space.
Breakfast is varied and offers options for different tastes.
Staff is kind and professional and speak good English.
It’s just 10 minutes walk from the train station and just 3 minutes walk from subway.
The area is quiet and it represents a very strategic and comfortable choice for the city.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank BettyG32
Reviewed April 21, 2019 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights. A contrast to the antique ryokan in Takayama which was all shared baths, wooden panelling and dim passageways. Anteroom is brand new; bare concrete floors and lots of modern and retro-70s art. We had a large ground floor room with its own Zen garden and onsen style wooden bath. We paid extra for this and it was great to have the space. Perfectly comfortable. Breakfast consists of a self-service cold buffet and a to-order counter offering baguettes and filled croissants (of which each guest can order 3). No evening meals are served at the hotel that I'm aware of. Located between Kujo and Jujo subway stations which are a mere 5 minute subway journey from Kyoto Station. A couple of comments: limited information in the room about the Hotel, facilities in the room (such as the TV) or the city/area as a whole; no room safe though security boxes are available for no charge at reception; kettle in room but only green tea bags provided and no coffee (perhaps if you asked they might provide some). Also I had to ask reception to turn off the lights in our Zen garden on our first night as they won't switch off automatically until around 1.30 am. However, a great stay overall and I'd come again. Helpful staff, scrupulously clean, good atmosphere, nice breakfast....

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ian V
Reviewed April 16, 2019

Not too sure how I ended up in this hotel. Was disappointed when I arrived as it is on a quiet street about 10 minutes walk from the centre. Having explored a bit over several days I now value its seclusion and calm. Check-in very easy and helpful. I'm on the 4th floor and it is quiet. The room is small but comfortable, plenty of light. Pillow is hard which I quite like. The breakfast is very good, with a rotating menu containing croissants with delicious fillings. This is a very easy place to stay.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank cpaterso
Reviewed March 30, 2019

This place was very easy to find, a straight shot walking south from the station. You can also walk to Fushimi Inari, not saying it's super close but it is a pleasant walk through neighborhoods & even along canal if you want.

The room was cute, comfortable, awesome for my needs. I can see how 2 people with lots of luggage might feel squeezed but maybe the hotel has bigger rooms for people who want to pay more, not sure. Not me. I want to pay the least & be in a small room. I put "do not disturb" sign because I didn't want my room made up. They still left a bag of new towels & bottled water which was very nice. I stayed in other similar price range rooms and Hotel Anteroom has the most comfortable mattress so it gets my vote.

Date of stay: March 2019